just deleted my 87 ranger

"
muhomorov wrote:
"
Boem wrote:
^One of the metrics of "a good end-game build" is how much currency is needed to sustain it's total map-cost.

For instance, if you cant handle

-reflect
-no regen
-half regen
- min-max
-bloodmagic

That's a relative high chance that you will need to spend excessive currency to reroll maps.

Currency a better build might not have to pay.

Maybe some people don't understand this point, but it adds up to a lot of $$$ if you have to reroll a lot of your maps because your character cant cope with them.

Peace,

-Boem-

That is a neat way of looking at it, but the mods you´re speaking of are irrelevant on that subject.

-no/half regen: suffix
-min-max: suffix
-bloodmagic: suffix

Unless you are running 77+ maps and using Alch + Chaos orbs, these are undesired mods anyway. You aways need the suffix slot to have packsize/ magic monsters/ rare monsters (of Hordes, of Champions, of Commanders: all suffixes!) to have a higher chance to progress into higher map tiers.

I don't run "easy" maps. So being able to run alched maps for the cost of a single alch opposed to 1 alch + multiple chaos is a lot more cost efficient to progress.

No offense to people running easy maps, but your not really testing your build if you run pack size pallaces, your basically running a lvl 75 map (difficulty wise) at best with what is currently possible with the map system.

And running 120%+ maps on 78 yields a lot more usable items and economical power. It also allows more regal recipes etc which have a higher value then chaos orbs on the market.

I usually play solo and mostly self found(i know contradiction) and i am able to sustain a 78 map pool every league.

Peace,

-Boem-

*mostly self-found = implies when i need a certain unique for my theory-craft, i ain't gonna wait for RNG to favor me but just buy it. I play to realize fun builds and test and push certain mechanics, this is not always possible entirely self-found, this becomes more apparent the more quirky your build becomes.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
So you really want one? is that all? Thats what your great QQ thread is about? Wow, thats sad. Then work for it if you really want one. Or you know, ask someone, as i got mine for free and the tabula dropped luckily at some point as well. So yeah, if i can find the 6L default unique and get a rare one for free then you can get one too somehow. Put some effort into it, or get out, but stop the pretentious QQ as its just not the pity party we need around here.

1st of all It is not a QQ. 2nd, what are you gonna do if I dont get out ? As I expected... nothing, because u cant do a jack about it. 3rd like what are you thinking of yourself lol, who are you to decided what "we need" here ?
No wonder that people are hating on you here on the forums, you have like 20k posts about... nothing, just responding to random people all day because you have nothing else to do. You should ask for a name change, Dirk to something... more appropriate. Let me give you a hint. It has 4 letters aswell.
"
Boem wrote:
^One of the metrics of "a good end-game build" is how much currency is needed to sustain it's total map-cost.

For instance, if you cant handle

-reflect
-no regen
-half regen
- min-max
-bloodmagic

That's a relative high chance that you will need to spend excessive currency to reroll maps.

Currency a better build might not have to pay.

Maybe some people don't understand this point, but it adds up to a lot of $$$ if you have to reroll a lot of your maps because your character cant cope with them.

Peace,

-Boem-

This is very valid point. I would love to play such build self-found and self-created but I do not have enough time at my hands to achieve that. I'm fine with where I'm and feel that the game is in much better state now than it was in the past.

I have already geared my character to a point where any 67 - 69 maps can be used with all but elemental reflect mod and -max resistances. I do not see any way to handle elemental reflect on my static strike build because I simply cant push my resists to 85+ unless I would be forced to use Topaz flask constantly. Lower max resistance mod is completely out of question for me because I would only dare to run it if I have 8k HP, which is nothing that I can achieve. I still tremble when I recall my experience with Crematorium boss from Zana daily at lvl75, which 2-shotted me in a span of 1 second with its fire storm despite me being capped on resists.
"
Boem wrote:

I don't run "easy" maps. So being able to run alched maps for the cost of a single alch opposed to 1 alch + multiple chaos is a lot more cost efficient to progress.

No offense to people running easy maps, but your not really testing your build if you run pack size pallaces, your basically running a lvl 75 map (difficulty wise) at best with what is currently possible with the map system.

And running 120%+ maps on 78 yields a lot more usable items and economical power. It also allows more regal recipes etc which have a higher value then chaos orbs on the market.

I usually play solo and mostly self found(i know contradiction) and i am able to sustain a 78 map pool every league.

Peace,

-Boem-

*mostly self-found = implies when i need a certain unique for my theory-craft, i ain't gonna wait for RNG to favor me but just buy it. I play to realize fun builds and test and push certain mechanics, this is not always possible entirely self-found, this becomes more apparent the more quirky your build becomes.

Keep waving your e-peen...

Most people don´t use Alchs and Chaos before reaching 77 maps, and the mods you were talking about are not relevant to these people, was all i was saying.

"
muhomorov wrote:
Unless you are running 77+ maps and using Alch + Chaos orbs, these are undesired mods anyway.

P.S. stop this!
"
Boem wrote:
Peace,

-Boem-

This is a forum and that tiny little string of text under your avatar on the right of your screen already did the exact same thing you type under each post of yours...
"
muhomorov wrote:

Keep waving your e-peen...

Most people don´t use Alchs and Chaos before reaching 77 maps, and the mods you were talking about are not relevant to these people, was all i was saying.

How can people complain about not sustaining a map pool if like you say they don't use alchs on maps prior to 77/78?

also what e-peen, are you saying pack size maps with double modifiers are harder then alched maps? Am i wrong in stating these are "easy maps" or should i have said "easy xp maps"?

The packsize/magicpack route when mapping is for the economical wealthy as a short-cut to gain xp by favor of wealth and is not possible for a lot of the community.

And it's the opposite of a cost-efficient investment. Which is usually the cause of not being able to sustain a map-pool, a bad cost-efficiency analysis when running and sustaining maps long term.

*waves e-peen* huh. Referring to easy maps that ARE in fact easy is not an elitist remark, merely an observation of the system and how it scales in difficulty relative to other factors.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
I'm convinced RNG is character based from the moment you create the character. I've had characters that don't find anything currency wise or unique wise. Then others that found way more than what my 300/28 MF character could cull when those characters had 0 MF stats. The only difference MF made was consistent alts from rares and chaos recipe. So with enoigh time you could afford anything and you could see the progress. I personally prefer a character the is just lucky and finds stuff so I don't have constantly ID and vendor stuff lol
ign: Vixien
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1079414/page/3

You seen this? 1 ex per hour farming - it isn't all about fancy drops.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Lol lvl 87
Lol at endless, endless, endless repetition and being proud of it.
"
jackof8lades wrote:
Reason is simple 0 drops and even if once in while lets say once a month if you play 10 hours a day you get something you cant sell it.
This whole player based economie has to be the most retarded thing i have ever seen
But thats not why i deleted my character
I simply ran out of maps like i had 0 maps nothing dropped no boxes nothing
And i simply refuse to grind docks whit a lvl 87 character
Why is there no gold in this game? so at least you can grind that and actualy buy stuff.
Look at eve online now thats a good system thats an actualy functioning economy
You know what i am gonna move on to that game again this whole rng based shit is just that its shit and anti fun

Fck. You got to Lvl87 and even not completed 1 challenge?????? I play lot more than casual(5-6h a day) and I have 5. Stupid chars lvl to 80/82/... 3 like ~75... and i got a lot uniqs, 3 exalts just by lvling those chars and you got nothing???

Maps???? 12 Alts:1chaos, just farm for Alts and you will have maps a lot :) I have few tabs of stash with 66/67 just for fun fast clear :)

Man, you grind dokcks with 87 char??? FTF? Buy 10 lvl66 maps for 1c and go for next maps :)

Oh. Ok. You don't know how to play after lvl 66, so just learn to play maps. Or wait for 1.4 patch. But nooooooooooo. Just learn how to play when you ~80lvl

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info