Question about Tora mod and Tornado Shot

I'd like inputs from peoples who tried the mod "Projectiles returns back to you" from the Tora crafting bench in combination with Tornado Shot.

What i know about that mod is it only returns back to the player if :

1. It didn't pierce or chain or any other effect that prolonged the lifespan of the projectile after the first hit.
2. It hits a monsters. If it doesn't hit a monster, it won't return.

So about Tornado Shot, the first part of the attack has 100% chance to pierce so obviously these doesn't return. But how about the projectiles fired after that (the 3 projectiles per arrows that are fired in random directions, 15 projectiles total with GMP). Do these returns back to us if they hit a monster?

I'd really want to know because im using a 0% pierce build and would like to know if that could be good on my bow (which has one prefix spot left)

I'd like replies from peoples who actually tested it with Tornado Shot with zero or almost zero pierce chance please.

Thanks in advance for the replies!
Last edited by Krayken on Mar 22, 2015, 6:15:27 PM
Anyone? :D
pretty sure they return, gimmie 5 mins and ill tell you for sure either way
yeah they return, you get randoms flying around all over the place from odd angles.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
yeah they return, you get randoms flying around all over the place from odd angles.

Allright thanks!
Back when you could get hybrid it was the wrong choice I believe but now that that is no longer an option it may see more use - I've seen it referred to as shrapnel flying all over the place by some people who have tested it.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
"
Chundadragon wrote:
Back when you could get hybrid it was the wrong choice I believe but now that that is no longer an option it may see more use - I've seen it referred to as shrapnel flying all over the place by some people who have tested it.

YEah im still torn between that mod and the 15-30% increased damage over time mod.

Does that increased damage over time mod act as a clean MORE modifier for puncture if i don't have any other increased damage over time on gear and tree?

In other words, if my puncture final damage is 10k, it means it will do 1k damage per second. Assuming i get a 30% increased damage mod on my bow, would it make it 1300 damage per seconds?
Last edited by Krayken on Mar 23, 2015, 3:19:45 PM
ya ud never trade hybrid for it, but now its gone its def a thing for bows.

honestly i dont know about the dot node but i would assume it works that way.

Actually the description "projectiles return" is a bit misleading, it sort of suggests it works like spec throw but it doesnt. Basically when you hit a mob with a projectile that fails to pierce or chain it fires it back at you, it doesnt stop when it reaches you like spec throw, it keeps flying past you and hits mobs behind you or where ever its going. With TS youre getting the offshoot arrows hit mobs to your left and then projectiles fire back towards you carrying on to hit mobs on your right etc, theres arrows going all over the place.

im suing this atm on a fireball + arc coc barrage build that has the 40% projectile pierce from the tree. Things pierce the front rows, hit mobs behind then come back through the pack, fly off behind me and hit mobs back there causing gmp fireballs to be procing forwards and backwards that then can also pierce, I really love the mod.

I tried it out on that bow just to see what it was like, found it 5L, did one granite recipe and regaled attack speed first time so thought f it, lets do this, see whats up. I figure I can sell it for slightly more than the crafting cost eventually anyway. Its nice, def ups your pack slaying damage a fair bit, but its not going to replace my 6L harbinger so Ill be passing it along I feel.
"
Krayken wrote:
Does that increased damage over time mod act as a clean MORE modifier for puncture if i don't have any other increased damage over time on gear and tree?

No. Ignite and Bleed carry modifiers from the application, as long as those modifiers do not conflict (ex. Spell/Attack modifiers can never apply to Damage over Time). Puncture deals Projectile Damage, so Puncture's Bleed will also benefit from Increased Projectile Damage. Similarly, Physical Damage with Bows (but not Physical Attack Damage) should also carry over to the Bleed.

You'll already have some amount of Increased Damage. It's not terribly big, but also non-negligible because you're talking about adding another ~25%.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info