Rumination

Ruminating is very dangerous for the mind, the only way to beat it is to think of good times. You will be surprise how people do not know they do this and eventually end up self destructing themselves. More on this later ^.^

Spoiler
psychology is fascinating

"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
Last edited by solwitch on Mar 22, 2015, 5:09:38 PM
Alright let's get to it, so there are in my opinion of great ways to heal the mind. First you must know that your mind is constantly thinking, flight or fight. Constantly being bombarded with information even while you're asleep!!!

So we have to figure out well, I can work out my biceps... Legs.... All the physical aspects, but how do we as humans excercise or heal our minds?

The answer is, we don't know. Yes I know you're thinking, but all these amazing scientists and doctors... The medicine!!! There are some facts that are constant. We can get addicted to pills, but did you know you can also get addicted to negativity? Everything we do sets up our mind to do it again in the future, it's unfortunately automatic.

So we are doomed? Not quite...

Stay tuned... ^.^

Spoiler
brb cooking

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
Last edited by solwitch on Mar 22, 2015, 7:12:23 PM
Okay back...

Soooo... Right now are you smiling or frowning?

Aha see if your frowning it's because you might be sad and you don't know it... Even depressed. I'm not a doctor, but I can give you a few tips. First things first... PRACTICE smiling even if there is nothing to smile about.

Clutter, get rid of it... It affects everything... Not organized have someone help you get there.

Our EGOS/PRIDE get in the way of asking others for help... That's normal, but somewhere somehow you have to find that will power!!!

When something bad occurs regardless of what it is try to get over it as quickly as you can. Remove things even people that remind you of anything that's negative... Yes I know hard to let go, but trust me that's the easy part staying away is the hardest. That doesn't mean live in a forest on your own because unfortunately for us we are social creatures... Yes you can be independent, single and care less for companionship and that's okay but r em ember humans are everywhere!!!

It's like, someone saying, "I hate my job." Yet they been there 10 years... ^.^

"
solwitch wrote:
Yes you can be independent

The first lie society tries to imprint on you, good job perpetuating the lie.

The second lie would be that exponential growth is possible,desirable and sustainable.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
but remember humans are everywhere!!!

found the problem !!!

sending Devourers !!!

-War-
Lachi
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI
Sounds like we can cure the world with positive thinking.

Call me a glass half empty kinda guy but most of the world is suffering. It sounds easy for those that haven't been predisposed to suffering to say cheer up there, all you need is to put your mind to it and all that ails you will be cured.

Personally, I think people that have it good don't really appreciate it. They still complain about how their car air conditioning doesn't work as well as they would like. First world problems and entitlement are mental states that can't easily be removed without disaster befalling them.
"Withdrawing in disgust is not the same as apathy"

^people are perfectly capable of being happy while suffering.

Being happy is a state of mind that provides options and creativity, sadness limits choice and veils creativity it limits the world for those residing in it.

I detest the notion of duality, there is no reason to assume one cannot experience happiness in suffering and suffering in happiness. Just like darkness gives power to light, suffering grants power to happiness, there is no need for a distinction when they just flow over in one another and have equal worth.

Knowing you are suffering grants a fundamental truth and power to any person realizing it.

Happiness without suffering is like a steak without french fries :/, sure it's okay, but it tastes so much better when combined.

Peace,

-Boem-
"
Hardlicker wrote:
Sounds like we can cure the world with positive thinking.

Call me a glass half empty kinda guy but most of the world is suffering. It sounds easy for those that haven't been predisposed to suffering to say cheer up there, all you need is to put your mind to it and all that ails you will be cured.

Personally, I think people that have it good don't really appreciate it. They still complain about how their car air conditioning doesn't work as well as they would like. First world problems and entitlement are mental states that can't easily be removed without disaster befalling them.

Yes we can... Princeton university did a study, they measured the effects of society when something major occurs. They won't say how they do it, but the developed a way to measure on a digital map the emotions of humans.

One example was when princess Diana passed away, they were able to show how quickly this emotional energy spread. Princess Diana passing was a very negative emotion. Emotion of loss is very powerful. So technically speaking our emotions do affect others.

Here's another example, saying a simple hello to a stranger you have never met can actually save his or her life,,, ^.^

"
Boem wrote:
^people are perfectly capable of being happy while suffering.

Being happy is a state of mind that provides options and creativity, sadness limits choice and veils creativity it limits the world for those residing in it.

I detest the notion of duality, there is no reason to assume one cannot experience happiness in suffering and suffering in happiness. Just like darkness gives power to light, suffering grants power to happiness, there is no need for a distinction when they just flow over in one another and have equal worth.

Knowing you are suffering grants a fundamental truth and power to any person realizing it.

Happiness without suffering is like a steak without french fries :/, sure it's okay, but it tastes so much better when combined.

Peace,

-Boem-

People that haven't suffered don't have the capability to empathise in the slightest. I could give numerous examples of humans just trying to survive against the odds but it wouldn't make a single difference to someone whose biggest decision of the morning is what choice they'll make for breakfast.
"Withdrawing in disgust is not the same as apathy"

"
Hardlicker wrote:

People that haven't suffered don't have the capability to empathise in the slightest. I could give numerous examples of humans just trying to survive against the odds but it wouldn't make a single difference to someone whose biggest decision of the morning is what choice they'll make for breakfast.

I disagree to an extend.

For me suffering is not loaded, for me suffering cannot be measured on a global scale. It's an individual experience and holds meaning to the individual and is weighed depending on there past and projections into the future.

As such a person not knowing what to eat for breakfast might be suffering more deeply then a person fighting the odds.(gross exaggeration and yet not so much)

Similarly one could argue that a person who's live resides in a constant flux of suffering is more ept to combat it's negative effect's and as such will come faster/closer to a sense of happiness while suffering and is in fact better off in the long run.

In comparison a person living in a constant flux of happiness without suffering to reflect against might become exceedingly hollow eventually and slide back into suffering without the means or preparation to combat it.

Something constantly visible in first world country's.

I should clarify that i believe in balance, as such i believe people suffer exactly the same on an emotional level. For me it makes perfect sense that people can relate to one another's prime emotions.

Peace,

-Boem-

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info