The Gutter Pub

If you don't know what a Gutter is please leave ^.^ than come back and let us know.

Please post recommendations on authors and books. Welcome to the Pub... Enjoy discuss... Anything and everything about literature ;)
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
Douglas Adams wrote more than the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (originally written for TV or radio, sorry can't remember which right now.)

I really liked his Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency. Its follow up, not so much, but it was still good.
"
Moonyu wrote:
Douglas Adams wrote more than the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (originally written for TV or radio, sorry can't remember which right now.)

I really liked his Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency. Its follow up, not so much, but it was still good.

Freaking sad I haven't read that, Ty for the reminder. I recommend the "vagina monologues," this is a great read for men who undermine women.

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
Last edited by solwitch on Mar 22, 2015, 3:56:21 PM
"
solwitch wrote:
"
Moonyu wrote:

Freaking sad I haven't read that, Ty for the reminder. I recommend the "vagina monologues," this is a great read for men who undermine women.

LOL
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
I have to go please post more moon!!!

I have a hard time writing women as weak. I have in one story a meek woman, but it was because of her upbringing and later to starts to realize her self worth. But its not a comedy, so not meant to be funny.

I have a hard time with women being written poorly. If you have seen the movie Up Periscope, its an excellent example of what I mean. You have the first female submariner in US history and she is frail and needs protecting right up until the end when she suddenly blossoms. Blah!

As the first woman in a all male dominated society, she should have been tougher than most right off the bat. Fuck that filled with self doubt bullshit.

Want to see a good woman's part? The original Blade. The woman doctor was tough right out of the gate and stayed that way.
Did you watch it? Its been a long time since I saw it, but it was well done.
"
Moonyu wrote:
Did you watch it? Its been a long time since I saw it, but it was well done.

yes and Hell Yes.
The Wave is a 1981 young adult novel by Todd Strasser under the pen name Morton Rhue. It is a novelization of a teleplay by Johnny Dawkins for the movie The Wave, a fictionalized account of … More Wikipedia

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info