changed monitor and found issues

I moved my computer from an old school 800x1200 monitor to a 1920x1080 HDTV. I had no problems at all with POE and have been playing it for awhile now, I moved my computer to the family room because I have a 1 year old who needs constant watching and my office is nowhere near baby proof, so moving the computer back is not really ideal, and there is no room for a desk in the family room. The game now runs to fast and my input is lagging a little, my refresh rate for the hdtv is 60hz. I did not think changing my monitor would effect the game at all, am I doing something wrong? The computer is hardwired into the same router with the same cable so that did not change at all. I have all my options set to low but that does not seem to help. The issues are worse when the options are on high, even though that was what I was using without issue on the other monitor.

Here is my Dxdiag

http://pastebin.com/uv9QHET9
Set your TV's Picture Mode to "Game", which should disable TruMotion and all that other extra picture processing the TV does.

If this doesn't help enough, it's probably because your integrated graphics can't handle the higher resolution as smoothly as the low resolution. I would probably tinker with the game settings and try to get smoother framerates in the 1080p resolution though, rather than scaling the picture. It's possible you're going to need a video card to play without stutter.
Last edited by ionface on Mar 22, 2015, 5:56:59 PM
I would bet on it being what ironface has stated.

I think on Sony TVs you need to name the input, 'Game' for it to turn off the post-processing that causes input delay. There's an option on Panasonic panels in the menu that turns on Game mode. It will vary depending on the model and brand of your TV.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info