Farming Atziri for Experience

You don't run apex for the experience mates.

You run it for the potential map drops that let you move up in tiers.

I did this last league, i had a few 70's and 2x appex. So i decided to run the apex and see how far i could go inside of it to increase my map pool.

Ended up killing atziri, so that was a cool bonus, but the best thing was getting those 72 maps to increase my basic map pool.(and some good xp along the way)

Another bonus is the amount of unique monsters which gives a solid chance at unique drops early in a league :).

So to summarize, run it a bit for xp, but more importantly, run it early on to go from lvl 68 maps to lvl 72 maps skipping the build up period in between. This is a far better strategy to place yourself in the ladder then chaining apex itself.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
@Boem, maybe in Softcore - in Hardcore you are definitely not doing Atziri to build up between 68s and 70s :P
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
"
Nerdicide wrote:
I changed the build around to include EB. I have two possible versions. The first one can get me more life and mana regen than the second, but makes it inefficient to grab the "charisma cluster". So I guess it really depends if I will need it. Acro and inner force would be the last things that I grab, so even though they are 110-112 pt builds, I can make it work before then.

Without Charisma:
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYA5Rm0OPv1l5dFfIw2JpVh4lVLFr8fQQMebWwPq-jW53Q6Qkt43agwcdQjBbUF-ZsmlwbEov66u-PbC4IeiELBxX_GtAyTJxzcDXzqulfJKPq3PkGH-eiCx9i9_go1kv6PTeOmVzrh8kVTUkWdmuDr7sBmRUcy0biTogAEs_AfaPJDyFugp1V8Dk8Emjvhc9Wm7TyCm5BVJy_sOBo4wBpG11cpcYXzEbFC-tJmnuNqFm826SSqgKRV1mTnFy82PeOEDkgRlklR8NWVLgcebIydqmKsKlNilbJwXfLGnhB_DH0=

With Charisma:
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYA5Rm0OPv1l5dFfIw2JpVh4lVLFr8fQQMeD6vo1jpCS3jdqDBx1CMFtZcGxKL-urvjtAyTJxzcDXzqulfJKPq3PkGH-eiCx9i9_go1kv6PTeOmVzrh8kVTUkWdmuDr7sBmRUcy0biTogAEs_AfaPJDyFugp1V8Dk8Emjvhc9Wm7TyCm5BVJy_sOBo4wBpG11cpcYXzEbFC-tJmnuNqFm826SSqgKRV1mTnFy8qU2KVsnAZii2Dm7VTNSLqUEItR9sLgh6IQsHFf8bGnhB_DH0aj_ba-wlJsdfP-TfviA==

I'm trying to finish testing the build before the new league starts. Level 50 in bloodlines atm. Remember, the reason the original build creator avoids most of the witch start, is that most of the good damage nodes there are specific, like "fire damage" for example. A lot of my damage will come from quality added lightning + quality added cold, and herald of thunder + ice, hence the focus on elemental damage. Please let me know what you think.

EDIT: Incase you haven't looked at the original creator's build, he connects to the scion ES circle by going through the "harrier" path. I had to change that to make grabbing EB cost less overall points.

What i dont understand,why all these aura reservation and aura effects nodes?To boost you pur of fire or pur of lighting or to reduce life reservation for clarity?I run Both heralds,lv 20 clarity and pur of lighting without single aura reservation node and have 380 mana left for casting.I understand Inner Force,it will boost both your heralds and Arctic armor,but i dont understand other,i think it'bad idea to put clarity on life to be able to run one more purity(+4 max resist).I dont think that both purites are needed for mapping,especially if you are planning to equip saffels frame.I looked upon original build,author talks there about freezing and shocking,but i think that dmg from added cold/lighting and heralds is not enough for freeze/shock rares/bosses in 75+maps and that is what matter the most.Also,author of original build have like 5k life after clarity and that's with gear from standard leaugue,i dont think it's enough for HC leaugues as incenerator(you must tank shit like melee),keep in mind if you will use saffels that's another piece without life so even 300-350 life less.
Last edited by And1111 on Mar 22, 2015, 4:05:45 PM
"
Chundadragon wrote:
@Boem, maybe in Softcore - in Hardcore you are definitely not doing Atziri to build up between 68s and 70s :P

Why exactly?

You can be roughly lvl 75 and still running 69's comfortably for xp and building up your map pool.

The apex allows you to get

map area 70 if i am not mistaken?

Unique mobs +2 lvls and able to drop +2 lvl maps, so it allows you to drop lvl 74 maps.

That's a big jump in experience gain and can be the difference on the ladder.

Some builds can run atziri at lvl 75 without much danger chunda.

In my example, although it was on a softcore ladder, i did not die once while running it.(it was in the 1 week race) And i ended at place 19 on the ladder playing self-found solo. Apex helped me a lot to sustain my map-pool and build up my 70+ pool.

Peace,

-Boem-

edit : you can basically run corrupted zones (up to lvl 68) instead of maps and gather sets, then run your sets and skip all maps prior to 70's if done correctly.

And it also gives a lot of fast loot from the unique bosses.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on Mar 22, 2015, 3:54:08 PM
"
Boem wrote:
Some builds can run atziri at lvl 75 without much danger chunda.

Not a single person in the top 50 on the hardcore race serious about staying there will even think about attempting Atziri at those levels, the risk vs reward is simply not there.

Coupled with Bloodlines mods (Otherworldly etc) which make Apex harder than it was before and the fact that at level 75 it's literally the second day of the ladder (Me and a friend duo'ed self-found to level 70+ in 14 hours to test out our builds in preparation) with little in the way of gear you are suicidal to do it.

As a tactic to go from 68 to 72 it's not viable at all, you're probably in 75+ maps before being comfortable with Atziri on HC.
Last edited by Chundadragon on Mar 22, 2015, 5:32:10 PM
The aura effect and reservation nodes are both to try to fit everything without putting clarity on blood magic, and also to get 6% resists from PoF and PoL at level 20, although I think I only need 20% for that.

You mention not needing both purities for mapping, but then talk about being tanky enough for high level maps. That's the main reason I want the purities, because two of the big threats will be herald of obelisk and Flameblast exile. With both purities I'll have 85/79/85 resists, which should help a lot. That also will help lightning coil mitigation.

As for Melee damage, I should have at least 6000 health by the time im doing 75+ maps, as long as I don't need clarity on blood magic. I feel like that, with coil, AA, and Acro should be sufficient. I guess we'll see though.

To return to original question, if you want to go top 20, you will need 95+ at which point the only exp you're looking for is from 77s and 78s =)

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/964222

This was last one and this time will be even easier to climb since Zana etc.

However, farming Atziri if you are fast and safe is very very good to generate currency as even in week 2/3 a Doryani's will go for ~20ex (last one-month) allowing you to max out the character and probably faceroll a map pool.
Last edited by Chundadragon on Mar 22, 2015, 7:18:48 PM
"
Chundadragon wrote:
To return to original question, if you want to go top 20, you will need 95+ at which point the only exp you're looking for is from 77s and 78s =)

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/964222

This was last one and this time will be even easier to climb since Zana etc. However, farming Atziri if you are fast and safe is very very good as even in week 2 a Doryani's will go for ~20ex (last one-month) allowing you to max out the character and probably faceroll a map pool.

Thanks, when I hit 90 I'll probably do just like 15-20 atziri runs. To make currency to deck out my char, and also to hopefully get my own scepter and belt. Last 1 week HC race I didn't take too serious, and still finished at like level 85, was in top 100 for most of it but didn't play the last 2 days. I think I finished somewhere around 140th.

For this league I'll be able to play 8-10 hours a day Monday through Friday, and 14-16 hours on Saturdays and Sunday's, so hopefully I should have a chance. The more I test this incinerate char, the more I've been realizing that it's clear speed will be better than I thought.
"
Nerdicide wrote:
The aura effect and reservation nodes are both to try to fit everything without putting clarity on blood magic, and also to get 6% resists from PoF and PoL at level 20, although I think I only need 20% for that.

You mention not needing both purities for mapping, but then talk about being tanky enough for high level maps. That's the main reason I want the purities, because two of the big threats will be herald of obelisk and Flameblast exile. With both purities I'll have 85/79/85 resists, which should help a lot. That also will help lightning coil mitigation.

As for Melee damage, I should have at least 6000 health by the time im doing 75+ maps, as long as I don't need clarity on blood magic. I feel like that, with coil, AA, and Acro should be sufficient. I guess we'll see though.

I'm chaining 77/78's on standard with 79/83/79 res for few days,i didnt have neither one dangerous situation,facerolling maps(i know,no bloodlines packs..).Offcourse,higher max resists are always better but question is it really worth it to invest many points in it and do you really need such high resists just for normal mapping?I managed to get as melee char to lv 95 in bloodlines with 75/75/75 resists.Maybe it's better to invest them in more life?However,goodluck with build and race!I hope you will achieve good result!
If you're consistent and build up a good map pool, for sure. See you Tuesday :~>

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info