BoRing Thread With BoRing Question...

Does anyone use this item anymore (Bringer of Rain)? Do you guys think it needs a buff? I made a build for the 1 month torm/bl that uses block and when i usually think of a build like that, my mind instantly goes to BoR. This time around i didn't even consider it as an option. Dismissed instantly...

Should it be better than it currently is? What does the community think after a league of it being at its weakest?
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
Last edited by Pyrokar on Mar 21, 2015, 1:58:49 AM
Its a sad helmet for sad people who can't afford 6links to console themselves.
Ya, it's still a very solid unique.

It just got downgraded from BiS for specific builds to a stepping stone to a potentially better set up.

EDIT: I should clarify I'm speaking directly to the new rendition. Not the legacy versions.
Last edited by PoofGoof on Mar 21, 2015, 2:05:46 AM
So, who of you are still using it?
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
Last edited by Pyrokar on Mar 21, 2015, 11:12:04 AM
I never had it. Would love to have one for my collection though.
BoR is pretty damn good for a 1-month league. I see no reason why you would dismiss it.
"
Frankenberry wrote:
BoR is pretty damn good for a 1-month league. I see no reason why you would dismiss it.

My thinking is that you can almost get the same block chance from a corrupted ammy, you don't have to sacrifice a chest slot for it, so it's not worth it in my book. The 6l is okay but you lose a 4l so that's your riposte/vengeance/reckoning or your cwdt setup gone... It just limits your options too much for what it provides.
What lies beneath your feet?!
Sacred nerf, nerfed with nerfs of nerfness!
"
qwertazx wrote:
What lies beneath your feet?!
Sacred nerf, nerfed with nerfs of nerfness!

Funny how after an item has been balanced people called it useless but if its OP they go overboard with overpricing it and overusing it to no end. BTW, thats the reason GGG has to reshape the meta all the time, no one is content with playing with balanced things, so they shift the base game in the direction they want it so everyone can still feel OP.
Lol, 'balanced'. The first iteration of BoR was the most balanced unique, according to experts. The second was even more balanced. Then they made it more rare, for some reason, prob. balance. And then it got uberbalanced a third time :P

I looted the second iteration during Ambush, but never actually used it, because a 6L chest is superior in every way.

E:
imo the current situation with BoR is sad, in a Kaom's glorious plate way of sad. Much too rare for what it offers.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Mar 21, 2015, 12:41:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info