Build Share: the Charging Bull RF. a gameplay concept. [updated]

"
Vipermagi wrote:
Wait, since when was Gameplay Discussion to gather feedback from other people? That's not really what the word 'discussion' means you know. *shrug*

Since when was gameplay used to post builds?

Never, there is a marauder class forum.

Also, not going off topic - if anyone in my guild is planning a new build first thing I do is see if I have anything they could use.

This also synergises a lot with any RF attack since the 100% ele goes to RF and the phys is pretty great.

The thing about your build is that you won't be stunning much in high level maps since you're not specced into it. RF attack builds used to be a thing when Crown of Eyes worked with RF but not anymore. It really kind of is as you say just for fun and not serious.

RF without Conc and 1h melee without speccing into is going to be really really mediocre even together in high level maps.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Last edited by Chundadragon on Mar 20, 2015, 3:54:32 PM
"
Chundadragon wrote:
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Wait, since when was Gameplay Discussion to gather feedback from other people? That's not really what the word 'discussion' means you know. *shrug*

Since when was gameplay used to post builds?

Never, there is a marauder class forum.

again, this is more about an interesting gameplay style with a type of character build, than it is an actual build guide for a specific RF Marauder.
just read between the lines, if you can.

although I'm sure sooner or later, some mod is going to move this to the build forum, and say he thought it would be more appropriate.
in which case I would need to edit and upgrade this to an actual guide, instead of a "proof of concept".

as for Stunning in high maps, well not every build is *for* high maps.
as I said, if you are looking at builds and concepts with your "y u no Atziri Viable?" glasses on - you are in the wrong thread.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Mar 20, 2015, 3:54:13 PM
I don't see the point of doing something funny in Merciless Docks. If it doesn't scale, it's a bad concept. Quality of gear is actually very primary here since you won't be doing anything without it.

That's all, it's meaningless when you realise you can only run docks for about 10 minutes before thinking "why am I not doing maps?"

I mean.. I could build the fastest ledge clearer as well but that's very pointless and I'm definitely not posting that.
Last edited by Chundadragon on Mar 20, 2015, 4:00:35 PM
added disclaimer and edit of title to OP.
hopefully this will minimize the kind of "feedback" I don't wish to see.

@Chunda, if for you "fun" and "viable end-game faceroll" are in a one-to-one ratio with no other possible options, then yeah I guess you wouldn't ever understand.
"
johnKeys wrote:
added disclaimer and edit of title to OP.
hopefully this will minimize the kind of "feedback" I don't wish to see.

@Chunda, if for you "fun" and "viable end-game faceroll" are in a one-to-one ratio with no other possible options, then yeah I guess you wouldn't ever understand.

I spend 99% of my time in endgame, so yeah if it doesn't work in endgame, it's complete shit to me.
This thread is really interesting. As I am a 40% JohnKeys player and a 60% Chunda player. And when making builds of my own there is often the eternal struggle between the two.
Charan-style
Off-Topic

Spoiler

InnerKeys: Hay bro, add up all the chaos damage nodes and then spend 30 chaos crafting added chaos onto some rings and you'll be doing ULTIMATE CHAOS DAMAGE. NO REFLECT is gonna touch you! It'll be a chaos-ception. A chaos-pocalypse!

InnerChunda: Where the f is your defense? You're going to evaporate on maps. You don't have enough damage. Where are you resists going to come from!?!?

InnerKeys: Chill man... iz fun yeah? I bet nobody has every thought of this!

InnerChunda: 141!

InnerKeys: What?

InnerChunda: 141! 141!!

InnerKeys: I don't get it...

InnerChunda: 141 failed builds! Remember all those. 141. I refuse to do 142!!!

some say my inner Chunda and Inner Keys are still theory crafting to this very day
Last edited by BearCares on Mar 20, 2015, 4:40:13 PM
off topic. @BearCares

you can tell InnerChunda, that InnerKeys likes looking at the skill tree with the eyes of a kid in a candy store, and has 100 potential builds to try, and 100 more he didn't think of yet.

InnerChunda has... 2. and both are going to get slaughtered in the next patch, so he'll have to think of 2 more, grind his ass off to get them up to "Atziri-Level", and then Chris will drop the Nerfbat again.

if InnerKeys was playing this game the InnerChunda way, he would have rage-quit it a year ago at most.

the Kamikaze Cast On Death Build Of The Week video, was one of the most beautiful things I ever saw in PoE. that, and my favourite Streamer besides Anuhart, is Ghudda who likes to get silly with crazy builds.

you can ask Chunda what he thinks of that, but I already know the answer.
Last edited by johnKeys on Mar 20, 2015, 4:49:51 PM
"
johnKeys wrote:
you can tell InnerChunda, that InnerKeys likes looking at the skill tree with the eyes of a kid in a candy store, and has 100 potential builds to try, and 100 more he didn't think of yet.

InnerChunda has... 2. and both are going to get slaughtered in the next patch, so he'll have to think of 2 more, grind his ass off to get them up to "Atziri-Level", and then Chris will drop the Nerfbat again.

if InnerKeys was playing this game the InnerChunda way, he would have rage-quit it a year ago at most.

Thankfully InnerChunda only plays temp leagues so he doesn't give a fuck if his build gets slaughtered and loves to theorycraft the next thing and take advantage of every unnerfed damage increase. Oh and Atziri is doable at level 70, it's like.. a day out of 4 months?

Also, InnerJohn doesn't know shit about InnerChunda.

Also, thanks for my new one-month HC race name.
Last edited by Chundadragon on Mar 20, 2015, 4:53:17 PM
Hey johnkeys, your build does sound fun. It's like a combination of the two most recent characters I've made: a RF Scion (my first RF character) and a Facebreaker/Cyclone Marauder that I'm using Pyre to explode when I kill them. My Marauder uses Shield Charge to bash the middle of a group of mobs and watch everybody around explode. I imagine stunning them and watching them burn to RF would also be a blast.

Neither of those builds are perfectly honed for maximum efficiency and end-game domination either, but I just play for fun. Thanks for sharing.
- here's my sig
Im wondering about the accuracy
you gotta take RT or else you probably are missing a ton with shield charge, Im assuming- your to hit rate is probably going to be about 70 when you enter midmaps.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info