Scion Version of Dual Dreamfeather Ele Cleave Build

First and foremost I need to give credit to Tempada. This is the link to his original build https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616

I needed one more class to complete the three 85 characters challenge and really liked the build he made and since I already had a ranger I decided to make a scion version. This is just an alternative version of his Dual Dreamfeather for people that enjoy playing the scion class. Like his build, this version takes acrobatics and phase acro, while using auras, heralds, and lots of evasion to stack damage and survivability.

Skill Tree lvl 85
Spoiler

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAAgwlgQ249A5Y7KMpKb54aj_ba-wkZipu1wzph4iaVFr8Pq1M1OkJLeN2oMHHUIwW16NYi6o2_XkWS8_rrTZIj9o19037vev66fXUIZ70nkzr56Bg8xp4Qfwx9gsd35bc-QYftIFfigpuiAOFz73w8BZo7kFUnL-w4RtdXKXGFwBoaOLFC2L3-Cggu7YMZjgBeo4ruDoCkVdZk5xcv-tJmniSwQqPjahZvVUvE9jwtxq58uySLPQ_rFP5UDc0rUBzO8xEwfNaKfytRR4w25Rk=

Some things to note from this skill tree. Grabbed the mana nodes from the starting area to help with mana pool at end game. I decided to go from the bottom and into the Templar starting area. The advantage of doing this will allow you to grab the health and reduced mana cost nodes. These nodes are awesome because they allow you to not have to worry about crafting an Elreon ring which can sometimes be a very expensive process. These nodes plus the mana/mana regen nodes from the scion starting area make for less gear stress.

Also grabbed Ondar's Guile. This is just a personal preference of mine. You dont have to take it if you dont want to or feel you dont need it. I recommend picking it up for the leveling process and then speccing out of it later.

Took both the aura clusters near the ranger and near the templar so that its possible to run all three heralds and both wrath and grace all on mana while being able to use all of your skills on mana as well.

After 85 its becomes a personal preference. This tree sets you up to take lots of different nodes. You have access to the elemental damage nodes in the shadow area, the life and attack speed in templar, more life or evasion in the wheels near the scion area, as well as more attack speed in ranger area.

Gear
Spoiler

The three most absolutely necessary pieces of gear is an Alpha's Howl, and two Dreamfeather swords. The extra 8% mana reservation is what will allow you at end game to be able to run all three heralds with grace and wrath. As a side note, you dont have to use herald of ash, you can use the extra mana to run a herald of thunder and curse on hit set up instead. I just like herald of ash because its extra damage and a bit more physical damage which lets you never have to worry about running out of mana.

As for chest pieces, two great choices are Queen of the Forest and Carcass Jack. I choose to go with Carcass jack to be able to run concentrated effect for a great dps buff. Also Carcass Jack is easier to color than Queen of the Forest is, but you lose the extra movement speed and some resistances.

You need at least 1% mana leech but really 2% is ideal. Other than that all other gear is up to you. Of course if you have a larger budget you want to seek out gear that has attack speed and weapon ele, but if you're on a budget its fine to not have it.

Bandits
Spoiler

Normal - Oak
Cruel - Kraitlyn
Merc - kill all

Leveling Tips
Spoiler

Dont level up cleave past 5, it doesnt do a whole lot for the build and only costs you more mana. If you can get your hands on a high quality cleave do so. The attack speed from quality is a great dps boost.

You wont be able to use all your heralds at once while you level up but make sure to keep them socketed so that they level up with you and are ready to use when you can support them.

Warlords mark is an awesome curse to use while you level. It'll help out a ton with your leech issues while you level up.

Use very fast physical swords while you level in order to help you with leech.

Use vorici to chrome

Just use a armor/evasion 5link chest for leveling and easy chroming until you can use either Carcass Jack or Queen of the Forest

Gem Setups
Spoiler

Carcass Jack
Cleave - Multistrike - Weapon Elemental Damge - Faster Attacks - Concentrated effect - Added lightning/added cold
(Get a high quality concentrated effect because the reduced mana cost of the gem will again help reduce the mana cost of cleave. I like added cold with quality just for the extra chance to freeze but added lightning will give more damage)

Queen of the Forest
Cleave - Multistrike - Weapon Elemental Damage - Faster Attacks - Added Lightning - Added cold

Auras
Reduced Mana - Grace - Wrath - Herald of Ice

Reduced mana - Herald of Thunder - Herald of Ash - Vaal Grace / Vaal Haste
(If you dont want to use HoA then use both vaal grace and Vaal Haste)

Curses
Blood Magic - Warlords Mark - Elemental Weakness

Leap Slam
Leap Slam - Faster Attacks - Stun / endurance charge on stun
(this set up is just a personal preference, you can use whatever set up you want for this one)

CwDT
CwDT - Enduring Cry - Molten Shell/vengeance- Self cast Immortal Call
(this is another part that is up to your desecration. thats just what I prefer to run)

My Gear
Spoiler

Try to roll your bubbling flasks with evasion for extra damage

I'll have videos later but also check out Tempada's build for a video demonstration. Ive gotten to lvl 85 with this character and had a ton of fun doing it. Ive done plenty of 77s and 78s with it and even double reflect maps. Comment on the thread of shoot me a PM if you have any additional questions.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info