Question about Blood Magic, Ghost Reaver, and Mana Leech

Hi all, I've been watching a lot of videos featuring Chaos Innoculation and Ghost Reaver in various late game applications and it all seems really cool.

My question is - does Blood Magic reclassify your HP pool as mana to allow for Mana Leech to refill your HP pool while Ghost Reaver leeches life into your ES?

Would make for a pretty interesting lategame build with 5-6 auras/heralds and a Shavronne's, without the need to run some crazy amount of hp regen or life flasks.

Thanks for the info. (:
It wouldn't work.

You still have a mana pool, but its size is zero.

Good creativity though.
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
"
zSavage wrote:
It wouldn't work.

You still have a mana pool, but its size is zero.

Good creativity though.

Man that's too bad. I was hoping that with the specific wording of Mortal Conviction being "mana" that the game would consider your hp pool mana in all ways (except for mana regen mods of course). ):

Thanks for the response!
Last edited by VoraxVorago on Mar 18, 2015, 1:56:01 PM
Wouldn't Life Gain on Hit do the exact thing you're looking to do here with mana leech?

I mean, life leech still goes to es through Ghost Reaver but Life Gain on Hit always goes to life.
"
VoraxVorago wrote:
Man that's too bad. I was hoping that with the specific wording of Mortal Conviction being "mana" that the game would consider your hp pool mana in all ways (except for mana regen mods of course). ):

Your Life pool is not considered Mana in any way. With the Blood Magic Keystone, your Skills still Cost and Reserve Mana (and thus, MC's %Less Mana Reserved applies), but you pay the price with Life instead of Mana.

If the description doesn't say something, assume it doesn't happen. Blood Magic does not say anything about Mana turning into Life or something of the sort, so nothing of the sort happens. :) PoE has very solid descriptions.
"
Grughal wrote:
Wouldn't Life Gain on Hit do the exact thing you're looking to do here with mana leech?

I mean, life leech still goes to es through Ghost Reaver but Life Gain on Hit always goes to life.

That's very possible and I hadn't really thought of that. Thanks for the suggestion!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info