They're going to nerf crit

"
The_26th_King wrote:
gimme block buff ! the dead character deals 0 dmg ! xD

Why buff block when everyone is abusing this build right now?

Aegis build is archaic. And no one is "abusing" the already mediocre build. It's a nonsense.
Too many heavy nerfs of its major components and the skill tree.
Build is still playable on SC, it's just mediocre.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
oh'nos, you mean that people going for crit now need to use both gems and take some damagenodes.. thats mean.
d:-D*
Last edited by PyleWarlord on Mar 19, 2015, 8:03:20 AM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:

They are not all that different. One walks with 40K tool tip other 30K with same gems in staff. One is less tanky one more.

Besides your whole premise is wrong. Some of the most DPS builds in game are non crit w/ 5L DD and SRS cutting through ubers like hot knife through butter
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/982394

I agreed with crit nerf in past even lobbied for it but it's now at a point where it's balanced.

I would remind you that , SRS is considered ... very op , so much so that most summoners have entirely given up on using the other minions for anything other than meat shields.

srs as a minion pretty much broke the summoning meta so it might not be wise to reference another broken mechanic to justify the balance of mechanic.

There are some aspects of crit that are balanced, the amount of nodes on the tree, their value and locations are pretty good, could use some improvement but it is workable.

no i think one of the largest issues is the varying base crit on weapons.
I said before that the best build for damage on flame totems was crit , but it is not like it is op by any stretch of the imagination.

but that is a 4% base crit spell, getting about 30% is actually quite an investment for it

but then you have things like wands, daggers and the harbinger bow in which getting 8%+ base crit is not only possible, it is damn near expected.

that can be over a 100% gain in node / mod efficiency just based on whatever weapon you are using.
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Mar 19, 2015, 8:15:51 AM
WHat i do not like about crit, is that eventually it becomes your normal consistent damage. This is flawed design IMO. I will repost my view on what could be done.

"Firstly i want to mention that i do beleive that crit playstyle should be the highest DPS playstyle in the game. Not arguing there. I am just arguing the means to do it. For example let's assume a double strike crit character with 200K DPS, that has 95% crit chance and 400% multiplier. I am not arguing that 200K is too high. I am arguing that this character should have indeed 200K DPS but with -say- 40% crit chance and 1000% multiplier. This way, while you do have the same DPS there are downsides, which also encourage different playstyle:

1) The damage is not as reliable. You can be unlucky and not score a crit in a critical situation. This is something to consider as a player

2) Reflect will again be dangerous and not trivial as it is now. EG. you will need to search for reflect mobs and not blindly offscreen everything. Also special precautions should be made to run reflect maps.

3) Several situations like evasive monsters or maps with enfeeble will furtherly gimp a crit character's effectiveness.

This practically makes the playing style different, and creates decent trade offs to -say- an 80K DPS resolute tecnique double strike character that has 100% reliable damage in all situations, without actually nerfing crit.

HOWEVER, i do beleive that several situations, like ranged crit characters with GMP and chain do need a straight up nerf."

So i do not beleive that the actual DPS of crit builds should be nerfed, but the way that this damage is delivered should be changed. A player with 95% crit+90% accuracy, has very little difference in terms of efficiency and gameplay compared to a Resolute Technique player. The only difference is that he does 5-10x damage.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287 - Poutsos Flicker Nuke Shadow
why so many people whining about crit. If you do not like it just do not play. if crit will be nerfed - it is better to remove or more better to delete this game in ass. cause one more fucking noob cry...
the game is all about clear speed so crit having the best damage sort of make it the best choice.

that being said is not the damage what bothers me, what i dont get is why it olso has 100% chance to proc status ailments aswell as refill flask with surgeon mod, crit should be all about damage and nothing else.
self found league fan

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/324242/page/1

"
caboom wrote:
the game is all about clear speed so crit having the best damage sort of make it the best choice.

Burn prolif is soo much more OP than crit, I don't really understand these threads. Of course you can reach insane DPS on standard with full mirrored gear, but I don't see it as a problem and you can reach similar clearspeed with a 5L and shit gear with a burn prolif build. The only really OP aspect of crit builds is surgeon's flasks imho. I think a cooldown on the replenish effect would be desirable.
"
patalia wrote:
"
caboom wrote:

Burn prolif is soo much more OP than crit, I don't really understand these threads. Of course you can reach insane DPS on standard with full mirrored gear, but I don't see it as a problem and you can reach similar clearspeed with a 5L and shit gear with a burn prolif build. The only really OP aspect of crit builds is surgeon's flasks imho. I think a cooldown on the replenish effect would be desirable.

stop using other op things to justify the opness of another thing , god damn people,

YES srs is op
YES prolif is insane
YES mjolnir and coc can trigger epilepsy and should be removed on medical grounds

but it does not change the fact that crit pwns non crit for the same investment .

stop bringing other shit up. stop it,
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Mar 20, 2015, 10:53:04 AM
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:

but it does not change the fact that crit pwns non crit for the same investment .

It's less true with recent game changes but anyway ..

so what ? You want it equal ? ( gl to balance it with all skills ) You want the contrary ? ( why ? )

Crit will offer more deeps than non crit , that's why people in all arpg loves crit.

Nerfing crit and elemental proliferation would destroy the fun of so many build that I am pretty sure the game would not be able to recover from this move.

IGN TylordRampage
Last edited by Malone on Mar 20, 2015, 10:59:35 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info