Witch Summoner Questions...

Currently still in the early levels. I'm wondering exactly should I get all the +Minion Passives. Should I also build up towards the Skill Duration Passives (For Skeleton/Vaal Skeleton)

Currently this is so far what I've thought of my build. ATM i'm only so far unlocked the Lord of the Dead/Minion Life/Minion Damage Circle
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.
If you want to stick with zombies and skeletons, then yeah, you basically want all of the passives.

If you want to switch to SRS, then eventually you'll drop all of the minion life nodes.
It depends what you want for your final build. I would not recommend skill duration unless you want to play for raging spirit (which it really different from a classical summoner).

Leveling as a summoner is not so fast, so I would recommend to use spells like icenova (at the very begining) and flameblast to level up. Just grab some life nodes and minion nodes.
My final plan is using Raging Spirit for main Attack while being supported by Skeletons,Zombies and Spectres (Less selective on Spectres and mainly using them to add more to the "horde") to act as my Wall. If unlocking Skill Duration Passives are too much hassle I'll probably not take them if you can really summon the skeletons easily then.

I've noticed as well every skill build at least trying to unlock via the Energy Shield Circle early on. Is there a reason not to go through it. (As I see you can save 1 point by not going through it.) and I went through the INT Dots since they seem to raise the overall stats of the minions as well.
Last edited by Atomic_Noodles on Mar 17, 2015, 7:22:54 PM
Witch summoners go through the energy shield start, yes, because they either turn their energy shield into mana or use it as a defense.
Your stats don't affect your minions. The only nodes that affect the minions are the ones that say minion, and the skill duration nodes. Plus the aura nodes, indirectly, through the auras you cast.
You will eventually have to settle on 2, max 3 types of minions. This is because you will have to support your minions with auras, curses and other buffs so you will not have enough room in your gem slots to use everything.
The main decision is usually between Raging Spirits, or Specters. Raging Spirits require skill duration, cast speed, and mana/mana regen, because you constantly need to resummon them. Specters require minion life nodes and other defensive minion nodes, because you focus on keeping them alive. The offensive minion nodes are good for both.

Ahh I see. I decided to reroll as I'm still fairly early on in the game. Thanks for the headups. So I'm guessing I'm gonna go Spectre Route since I'm already boosting Minions with at least somewhat permanent duration with some interactable HP. I also noticed that I'm unable to add skill points is this intentional that the only points I can allocate are the passive skills?
"
I also noticed that I'm unable to add skill points is this intentional that the only points I can allocate are the passive skills?
Huh? Do we have some other type of skill points except passive skill points?
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
I mean the stat points. Like Intelligence,Strength & Dexterity. I assumed from the wiki the Game auto-allocates the points on each class or you gain them from the various nodes in the skill tree.
"
I mean the stat points. Like Intelligence,Strength & Dexterity. I assumed from the wiki the Game auto-allocates the points on each class or you gain them from the various nodes in the skill tree.

The latter one. There's no auto-allocation bullshit, thankfully. You start out with some points based on your class, and you can only get more from the passive tree or items.
I would recommend getting to about level 40-50 before getting the passives. Unless you already have a tabula rasa, the minions just aren't the best early on. Get a few life nodes and start moving towards the left side where the minion nodes almost all are. I would go lightning tendrils/storm call or flameblast...whatever your preferences!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info