Buyable, Moddable, Offline Version

Hi all,

Yes, my characters are first level. that's because I handed my guild off to the last remaining guildy, gave away almost 40 tabs of inventory, deleted all my 85+ level characters (of which there were many) and left all of my several MTXs to sit and collect dust.

I know this topic has been discussed before and I am familiar with the arguments against such a suggestion. I agree that the online code should not be available for people to see for fear of hacks and exploits being created for the online version. I've spoken with Chris Wilson briefly about this suggestion and thought I'd post it here for all to see.

I am suggesting that a different version of Path of Exile be created for those who want the offline/LAN and moddable version of the game so that the devs need not worry about anyone exploiting the servers due to the online code being exposed. Since the buyable version of the game will have different code than the online version, the online version will be safe (at least as much as it is now) from hacks and exploits.

The petition is below, sign if you'd be happy to buy a copy of this game to mod and play with your Steam friends.

I will not be monitoring this post, feel free to discuss all you like but I will not likely reply as I do not normally log in. I made an exception to share this petition with you.

GGG, this is an excellent game and I'd really love to keep playing. I'm hoping this petition will show you that even the players who have left the game would still love to play and to support your efforts by purchasing a copy of this absolutely brilliant game.

https://www.change.org/p/grinding-gear-games-chris-wilson-create-an-offline-lan-moddable-steam-version-of-path-of-exile

Thanks for listening guys and gals :D,
CS.
Last edited by CentauriSoldier on Mar 17, 2015, 1:35:59 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Not gonna happen. Then GGG goes bankrupt because no one buys the game anymore and pirates every single version there is. If you want those 10 acts they planned you cant make an offline version.

Nice troll thread though, now go away.
I'm not convinced it will happen quite like this...

But I love that GGG put hideout into Path of exile... because Hideouts are player created content.

What if, some day, we can play player created dungeons? There are some obvious concerns with such, but they are more oriented to the actual implementation (will players try to kill others, will they try to give too much loot, but creative thinking may be able to come up with ways to counter balance those concerns in an actual implementation.)
"
I'm not convinced it will happen quite like this...

But I love that GGG put hideout into Path of exile... because Hideouts are player created content.

What if, some day, we can play player created dungeons? There are some obvious concerns with such, but they are more oriented to the actual implementation (will players try to kill others, will they try to give too much loot, but creative thinking may be able to come up with ways to counter balance those concerns in an actual implementation.)

Its all a matter of costs, and i think it would cost just too much to let lots of players, who surely would want this to be cheap, create entire zones and acts and such things as modders tend to do. They will allow us eventually to create a league, probably at a hefty price, but that should be the end of it.

As said, this is nice trolling, nothing more.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info