Dungeon Brutus [yes, now it is a rant]

"
HarukaTeno wrote:
Was waiting for this post.
My HP is pretty much irrelevant for what i wanted to show.

My point (omg, i'm supporting jK again ^_^ ): Brutus is just terribly OP with all that s**t which include desync, falling cages, underground pikes (which have "FPS-drop" effect for some people), and other possible effects from map-mods (which were a Herald-lightning-show and Turbo-Double-Bosses in my case).

Watched the screen for about a minute after the death. Picture was awful: FPS jumped like a grasshopper, cages were still falling and those pikes went insane (not to mention that they were striking constantly and without a delay; or maybe this is how it felt).

P.S. if you still want to discuss my HP\build - i did harder Zana quests with this summoner (Zana is lvl8 already). Brutus is heavily disbalanced and inflicts "hardware performance" troubles.

Sure yeah, I'm just saying from a HC perspective - your build has 50% chance of survival against that boss (maybe less maybe more, been a while since I played summoner)

Imo it's okay to argue with FPS stopping you when your character is "capable" of doing it deathless (like John's is on a good computer but possibly not on his computer) but the performance argument (different computers) is a lot weaker when every hit is potentially one-shot. You could do it maybe with perfect FPS/latency and still accidentally get chained by double boss.

My general rule of thumb is don't do boss if you can get one-shot 10% of the time. 80% hits with enough recovery is okay though, as Boem etc have demonstrated earlier.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Last edited by Chundadragon on Mar 17, 2015, 5:12:11 PM
Wait, how old is OP, how old is immortal call + enduring cry, what version of the game are you talking about, what is happening? I don't understand anything anymore... You said melee right?
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
"
Pyrokar wrote:
Wait, how old is OP, how old is immortal call + enduring cry, what version of the game are you talking about, what is happening? I don't understand anything anymore... You said melee right?

this char doesn't have a CWDT setup.
Endurance Charges come from a Daresso's Defiance (I love that armor) when killing stuff.
leech when hitting stuff.
my dual-sword Blender is all about APS. fluid, fast and furious combat. gaining defense with offense.

it is bad vs. the two real bosses in the game - desync and screenFreeze - and the latter is what Dungeon Brutus summons to his aid. more effectively than even Merveil.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
"
johnKeys wrote:
"
Pyrokar wrote:

Endurance Charges come from a Daresso's Defiance (I love that armor) when killing stuff.
my dual-sword Blender is all about APS. fluid, fast and furious combat. gaining defense with offense.

it is bad vs. the two real bosses in the game - desync and screenFreeze - and the latter is what Dungeon Brutus summons to his aid. more effectively than even Merveil.

It's like the weaver fight. If you go with chaos resist inside you will be like: "Wait this thing deals damage?"

Here is a list of things that are broken but bring balance to one shot mechanics:

Spoiler

• Immortal call + enduring cry (+cwdt)
  • Purities + resistance pots
  • Blocking/Dodging (nerfed already) + evading
  • Ci/ Gear with chaos resist
  • Vaal immortal call/discipline/grace
  • Big life/es pool
  • knowledge of what each boss does

So next time you are facing a difficult boss, before entering that boss room you better ask yourself: Do i have the things (that i mentioned in the spoiler) that are needed to beat the boss without having my blood pressure and heart rate skyrocket? If not you should avoid it.
You are welcome.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
Last edited by Pyrokar on Mar 18, 2015, 8:46:27 AM
"
Pyrokar wrote:
"
johnKeys wrote:
"
Pyrokar wrote:

It's like the weaver fight. If you go with chaos resist inside you will be like: "Wait this thing deals damage?"

Here is a list of things that are broken but bring balance to one shot mechanics:

Spoiler

• Immortal call + enduring cry (+cwdt)
  • Purities + resistance pots
  • Blocking/Dodging (nerfed already) + evading
  • Ci/ Gear with chaos resist
  • Vaal immortal call/discipline/grace
  • Big life/es pool
  • knowledge of what each boss does

So next time you are facing a difficult boss, before entering that boss room you better ask yourself: Do i have the things (that i mentioned in the spoiler) that are needed to beat the boss without having my blood pressure and heart rate skyrocket? If not you should avoid it.
You are welcome.

Allright, i did 15 Dungeon Maps that was corrupted from Carto Boxes and each Time i reach BossRoom it was simply turn Vaal MoltenShell on, run in, ManMode the Boss and use Atziri Flask. 3 Seconds later i resynced and all is dead in this Room. I have 4220 Life and no ES or even Armour...
Trading DpS with Monsters for Loot will ever best Ratio!-)
Sitting in Town, flipping Items until all Gear is biS,
and get fastly bored from running Maps instead of grinding Upgrades is no Resolution!
"
LeandroHazard wrote:

Allright, i did 15 Dungeon Maps that was corrupted from Carto Boxes and each Time i reach BossRoom it was simply turn Vaal MoltenShell on, run in, ManMode the Boss and use Atziri Flask. 3 Seconds later i resynced and all is dead in this Room. I have 4220 Life and no ES or even Armour...

Well yea, that definitely makes sense. Use a spell that works with how often you are attacked on a slow-hard hitting boss. This is really the way to do it. My bad.

Everyone listen to this guy. He is gud.
"
Pyrokar wrote:
"
LeandroHazard wrote:

Well yea, that definitely makes sense. Use a spell that works with how often you are attacked on a slow-hard hitting boss. This is really the way to do it. My bad.

Everyone listen to this guy. He is gud.

eeekhem.. there are LOTS of skeletons (unlimited!) and the spikes. VMS triggers are plentiful in this fight. in fact this might be actually one of the best bosses to do that trick
Skellies don't spawn until he loses 40% hp or something. Anyway, my point was that he hits slow and therefore hard and that way you have to tank everything with a low hp pool and just hope to survive? Sounds like great advice. Works 100% 50% of the time.
His attacks are slow. But when you enter the boss room, there are a bunch of enemies already there and he uses the ground spike thing that hits repeatly. You will definitely trigger Vaal Molten Shell (it also gives armor) a lot. And considering how high Vaal Molten shell's damage is, it isn't surprising that all the enemies will just die.
Depending on what's supported on the Vaal Molten Shell, it wouldn't be surprising for it to kill Brutus 100% of the time.
So your answer to dying is "yolo with more damage"? Nice...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info