Dungeon Brutus [yes, now it is a rant]

"
johnKeys wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Sounds like u need some mobility? Leap slam?

have Flicker Strike on this character, but didn't really get to use it.
maybe I'll try again after swapping to Whirling Blades, which doesn't require targeting a mob when my cursor barely moves.

if you lag playing this map - do not play this map. it is that simple

we all know that brutus is OP for its level. we really know.

i read your posts and each time my first thought is 'is it a necro from 2 years before'?

ps. poe has horrible, terrible engine performance wise. it lags unexpectedly and due to absurd reasons. if you cant change it (and ggg it seems do not care enough to want to change it) - avoid it

thats why i do not merveil as it lags on my ~2500*1400 nv 770 so much that i prefer not to. thats why i simply do not play with chat open when map has fire/ice patches (it STILL lags despite some changes) etc.

some stuff in poe does not work. accept it. move on. when i see you want to purposely hurt yourself attempting something that makes no sense.. it makes me understand so many of your past posts.
This is exactly the reason why at 1.2 I retired my very first char, which is an RT+Unwavering Dual Strike duelist from domination, man I use to love that spec, Dual Strike and the unwavering stance idea is just gg, but I'm sorry, if I can't even facetank a -res Palace Dom even with 10% leech and Gale Bane Foil now (This use to be a fucking BREEZE when normal leech was actually working, having 77 all res and 50+ block chance), I might as well gear up a 5ex Bow Set and Faceroll all content.
"Get rich or die grinding"

Lvl 100 Ascendant - RadioactiveSago: HIGHEST KB tooltiplordz in all of PoE (view-thread/1636451)
Lvl 100 Assassin - Chonkeyy: Omnislasher 2 mil DPS Flicker Build (view-thread/1571744)
From the efficiency POV, never run Dungeon, Crypt, Overgrown, Orchard, Grotto... always Dunes, Dried Lake & Tropical.

It helps that all the stupid bosses are located in the stupid backtracking labyrinthine maps :P

E:
Cant wait when Collonade boss gets "special room", full of carts & black squares (missing textures) :P
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Mar 17, 2015, 4:31:57 AM
Zana gave me a level 75 Dungeon once.
Fun...
Tin foil hats are a lie propagated by the aluminium industry.
"
I think it'd be better if Brutus were chained to the ceiling when you enter, and then...
and then if you are wearing pointy helmet (Cone helmet, Ezomyte burgonet, Pig-Faced Bascinet...) and run - very quickly - to the center of the room, it is auto-win.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
Rufus82 wrote:
Fun...

QFT
Thank you, Zana

74 Dungeon (quest was not about killing the boss; decided to pay a visit for fun, i shouldn't have done that...)
  • Double Boss
  • Every Rare has Nemesis Mod (jackpot with Storm Herald INSIDE Brutus' room) :D
  • 29% increased speed
  • something insignificant like monsters have 75% ele.resist or whatever

Entered the room, massive FPS drop, constant stutters, lived for about 15 seconds after the grace period expired
Remember, suffering is convenient.
That is why many people prefer it.
Happiness requires effort.
"
HarukaTeno wrote:
"
Rufus82 wrote:
Fun...

QFT
Thank you, Zana

74 Dungeon (quest was not about killing the boss; decided to pay a visit for fun, i shouldn't have done that...)
  • Double Boss
  • 29% increased speed

Entered the room, massive FPS drop, constant stutters, lived for about 15 seconds after the grace period expired

holy shit Brutus is shooting lasers!
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
"
HarukaTeno wrote:
"
Rufus82 wrote:
Fun...

QFT
Thank you, Zana

• Double Boss
  • 29% increased speed

Went in with pretty much 2.5k HP (3.5 maybe with disc) - death? No surprise. Even if you are summoner doesn't mean you can expect to meatshield all the time.

Evangelist summoners die with 5.5k HP, it's bound to happen at some point.

And @john, yes sure - Dungeon is harder, but even if the boss was the easiest piss ever I'd still never step into it. The only 66 that anyone should ever do is Dunes, Tropical Island and Dried Lake.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Last edited by Chundadragon on Mar 17, 2015, 2:12:07 PM
"
Chundadragon wrote:

Went in with pretty much 2.5k HP (3.5 maybe with disc) - death? No surprise. Even if you are summoner doesn't mean you can expect to meatshield all the time.

Evangelist summoners die with 5.5k HP, it's bound to happen at some point.

And @john, yes sure - Dungeon is harder, but even if the boss was the easiest piss ever I'd still never step into it. The only 66 that anyone should ever do is Dunes, Tropical Island and Dried Lake.

Was waiting for this post.
My HP is pretty much irrelevant for what i wanted to show.

My point (omg, i'm supporting jK again ^_^ ): Brutus is just terribly OP with all that s**t which include desync, falling cages, underground pikes (which have "FPS-drop" effect for some people), and other possible effects from map-mods (which were a Herald-lightning-show and Turbo-Double-Bosses in my case).

Watched the screen for about a minute after the death. Picture was awful: FPS jumped like a grasshopper, cages were still falling and those pikes went insane (not to mention that they were striking constantly and without a delay; or maybe this is how it felt).

P.S. if you still want to discuss my HP\build - i did harder Zana quests with this summoner (Zana is lvl8 already). Brutus is heavily disbalanced and inflicts "hardware performance" troubles.
Remember, suffering is convenient.
That is why many people prefer it.
Happiness requires effort.
"
johnKeys wrote:

time to meet Brutus. he can't be THAT bad, can he?
SERIOUSLY?

tiny area. I swear it got even smaller than last time. giant spike traps doing way too much damage and having way too much AoE. blue mobs making it even more "interesting".
got him to about 1/2 life nonetheless, but then it began:
fucking skellies. endless. more of them on screen than in a Coward's Trial.
nowhere to move. damned spike traps and splashes hitting through the crowd. FPS fluctuating between single-digit and absolute zero. Brutus somehow sneaks-in punches to add insult to injury.
dead.
dead.
dead.
dead.
no more portals.

does this seem fair? and on a 66 map? I fkn beat Double Merveil in Necropolis, and it wasn't this ridiculous. SERIOUSLY?

Current Brutus and Merveil fights are a real clusterfuck. Btw, skellies are there so you can get flask charges.

Still, why did you enter a Dungeon at all? Dungeons = chisels. You run Tropical Island, Dunes, and use 3 Grottos for Mountain Ledge. Even if Dungeon is the only map you got in your stash, you still don't run it. You leave it for chisel recipe, and you buy 70-71 map packs and run those.
Last edited by toyotatundra on Mar 17, 2015, 3:36:53 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info