Storm Headed for New Zealand

I'll share my kitten rescue story, instead.

A friend was moving out of her apartment, when we heard meows coming from a curbside storm drain. You can tell a distressed kitten's meows from a cat's, and there had been a heavy thunderstorm the night before.

Fortunately, the drain was of a sort covered by an unattached concrete slab, and this one wasn't too heavy to slide aside. However, the kitten (a cute li'l grey tabby) was alone and scared, and wouldn't come out of his refuge in the drainage tube.

So, I underwent to go cat-fishing. I had my friend grab a frozen fish stick from the freezer, and I tied it to the end of a piece of string. Dangling it in front of the drainage tube, I lured li'l Stormy out. He was very hungry, and, as a semi-feral feline can be, jealous about his food. He latched onto that fish stick, and I hauled his fuzzy li'l butt right up and out of there. He refused to let go, growling and hissing as best he could with his fangs clamped onto that fish.

So, into a box he went, and he made the move with my friend's other cats. He never became tame, as such, but he lived in the house peaceably enough. Not long after, though, he again demonstrated his ferocious carnivorousness, when my friend left out a corned beef brisket on the kitchen counter to thaw. We were nearby in the living room, watching TV, and heard growling. We went into the kitchen to find Stormy trying to drag away that brisket, which was bigger than he was!

We had to give him points for gusto, so he got a share, cut from the end he had nommed onto. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
You know... Haven't posted in a while but I expected this from Ray ^.^ HI RAY!!!
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
Last edited by solwitch on Mar 18, 2015, 10:05:34 PM
*Waves!* =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info