Chained ladies: a concern about design, objectification and equality

"
Bootpants wrote:
Although much has been discussed about the topic, I feel like I need to share this once again with you guys from GGG. I absolutely believe that there could be a better, more ethical and comfortbale way of designing the HUD

So much has been shared, exposed and learned from inequality since past years that it's unthinkable to project such a cruel, cheap and sexist graphics.

And no, switching ladies for naked chained men will not fix it. The concerns would be the same: exposing beings as objects in a cruel way.

Path Of Exile is such a creative game. I remember becoming a closed beta supporter because of how refreshing the whole experience feeled and looked. It's been a while now and I can't help but feel awkward everytime I wish to live the experience again. It's been months since I played, but I'm always checking for a change in that sense, hoping I can comfortably save the world once again.
Surely you can come up with an attractive and ethically comfortable design. Monsters? Awesome people? Symbols? You know you can, I know you can.

With love and hope,

Bootpants

Should a game or movie ever portray again Andromeda s destiny ? Should we burn all the Louvre's paintings on the subject.

What makes you think those women are not evil witches imprisoned for killing and eating babies? Should we avoid portraying criminals?

What make you think they are not femen, whiningly showing their nakedness to prove everyone is equal and that everyone is a prisoner of this capitalistic world.

I fail to see how those arts are portraying inequality.

It is not like the whole game would portray weak women, it is actually the invers. Half the Exiles are female and also two of the strongest boss.

The marauder is chest naked while neither the Ranger or the Witch are. In an egalitarian non sexist world, shouldn't both female gender and male gender able to walk around chest naked?

From all I see, Men are more sexualized than women in this game yet you complain about the Female Hud thing.

If the concern is exposing beings in a cruel ways, What do you think about the exile killing those devourers and other animals. Animals don t know good or bad, Should we call a Bear evil in real life because he killed someone too close of his cave?

Should the game Portray an exile killing animals just defending their territory ?

Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on Apr 13, 2015, 4:22:18 AM
Let the beating begin!

And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
This is a game, not reality. Stop shoving political correctness morals into a game.

Chained ladies are a trademark of PoE, the same as piles of holocaust victims & 4x4 red boobwagon.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Apr 13, 2015, 8:49:23 AM
"
Bootpants wrote:
Although much has been discussed about the topic, I feel like I need to share this once again with you guys from GGG. I absolutely believe that there could be a better, more ethical and comfortbale way of designing the HUD

Comfort aside, how is the current gui not ethical?

"
Bootpants wrote:
So much has been shared, exposed and learned from inequality since past years that it's unthinkable to project such a cruel, cheap and sexist graphics.

How is it sexist? How is it cheap? Why would cruelty not be fitting the game world?

"
Bootpants wrote:
And no, switching ladies for naked chained men will not fix it. The concerns would be the same: exposing beings as objects in a cruel way.

You are projecting objectification here. You can't say they are being objectified just because you see them that way. I see no context for that. For all you know it is meant to be evocative of a pitiable circumstance.

Again, with the cruelty found throughout the game, how is it not fitting the theme?

"
Bootpants wrote:
Surely you can come up with an attractive and ethically comfortable design. Monsters? Awesome people? Symbols? You know you can, I know you can.

With love and hope,

Bootpants

Maybe you are supposed to be made uncomfortable by the imagery? Would that be wrong in some way? Is it wrong that enemies have disfigured the citizen of wraeclast as seen in several areas?

Seems like you may be under thinking this to me. Assuming it is for a cheap T&A shot with some S&M thrown in, but without context you may be missing some symbolic or lore significance...
"I would have listened... I would have understood!" - Scion

Have you removed Asus ROG/GameFirst yet?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info