if they are a brown monster, turn them another color, a standard
raised monster color.

now red would be glaring, so would bright pink, though we could
see either of those well...

go for a color that is markedly different than a regular monster
for the summoned monster. maybe even an icon above the summoned monsters
head so we can easily pick it out of the crowds and STOP SHOOTING AT IT LOL

many times im standing among a crew shooting at allied raised monsters
until I notice one of the marauders pounding on a boss... then I think AHH!
theres one!!!! and i start pounding on it. the shooters are all shooting
randomly... god only knows what the ranger is shooting at... at least
I can see the marauder actually locked in a mele, and get on his target.

one of my tricks is to cast a curse and target the icons above the
real monsters heads. mind you if an ally were to curse I get confused
as it could have been a monster cursing allied summons! LAWL I'm shooting
at them again hahaha.

TLDR: Make allied summons a markedly different color than reg monsters,
or add an icon above a raised monster.
"
VSwift wrote:
GGG are aware of the massive spell spam, there was a developer post on this. They are looking at reducing the effects as it really is ridiculous at the moment.
They should just reduce the effects when in a group. I don't want my skills looking worse when I'm never even gonna be in a big group myself.
"
dornal wrote:
I whish they would remove the timer so people would stop complaining about it. Back to the roots. First to pick it up wins.

So ranged players never get loot. Sounds like a great idea.
"
tubasteve wrote:
"
dornal wrote:
I whish they would remove the timer so people would stop complaining about it. Back to the roots. First to pick it up wins.

So ranged players never get loot. Sounds like a great idea.

I played Diablo for many years and got loot just fine. Although, I think you missed the point in that slightly sarcastic post.

It's like GGG is giving you two apples and you're asking why you are not getting three.
The timer is a great compromise between ffa and instanced loot. Ffa was sometimes a hazzle in older games, and instanced loot is just silly (my opinion).
Now, they gave us a timer instead of the ruthless old method, and you complain about it? It just seems very odd to me.
"
reks88 wrote:
"
Weism wrote:
I play 6 person groups all the time and have no problem.
Maybe you need to upgrade your pc?

The screen does get cluttered especially with a necro, but I don't think to the point where you can not see or tell what's going on.

And I don't know who considers this game single player. I can say not me or anyone I play with.

I don't have problems with other games. My bud plays BF3 with no issues, so you'd think he'd be able to play this game without any. I'm sure this will be fixed for most (hopefully) when we get the option for less spell particle effect or whatever it's called.

No different games should not be compared. Saying my PC can run xxxx so xxxx should run fine is kind of ignorant if you know how the hardware and software works.
An option to turn down particle density would be good for people, but if you have to turn it down then that goes back to the first thing I said, it may be time to upgrade.

My computer is 3 years old, almost outdated at this point and still runs this fine full screen at 2048x1152.
BM 2H Big Physical Bigger AoE Ground Slam guide [1.3 Torment] - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1174531
I think it's fine. It helps a lot when my character is undergeared/leveled and I still want to get a quest done. I mostly solo grind for levels on an easy map then use the group feature to get through the rest of the act.
I tried joining a group for piety. The leader was still clearing to through the temple so I joined him / her. Then other people keep joining and leaving and spamming portals everywhere. There were probably 10-20 portals up for the one group. Some of the people that joined were already at Piety, I saw portals after dying to the third floor of the temple so I stepped though.

Piety was already dead and the loot already taken. So I try exiting with one of the portals. 'Player no longer in party'. Try going through all the portals and the players are no linger in the party.

Then people keep on joining, and stepping through the level 3 portal, seeing its already done, making another portal to leave and dropping the party.

20 portals to Lunaris level 3 defeated piety. So I finally manage to find the rest of the group that have stuck around who are onto level 2 now, and we create a new instance for level 3.

Then the loot stealing fun kicks in. Everyones look being grabbed by someone else. I didnt mind it happening because I realize that the game is still in a beta, but seriously the current loot drop mechanic is RETARDED, as I think people are that defend it.

Remove the increased quantity drops for being in a group and give every player their own regular amount of drops they would be getting if soloing bound to them only (each players loot can also be invisible to other players in the group).

Also I couldnt see a thing through all the spell effects and the witches minions, couldnt find any targets to attack so I simply stood at the back and spammed spark. The entire experience felt like a very poorly done party system, and almost everything about it needs improving.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info