Group Play no fun?

"
VSwift wrote:
GGG are aware of the massive spell spam, there was a developer post on this. They are looking at reducing the effects as it really is ridiculous at the moment.

This is good news. And from an aesthetic point of view, the fireworks do not go at all well with the game's otherwise dark and grim nature. I hope they tone down the effects a LOT. They are beautiful, but sadly impractical and totally out of place in this game.
Did you know level 91 is the halfway point to level 100? This means that a softcore character dying ONCE at level 85+ can lose many days of progress.
Last edited by GhostlightX on Feb 9, 2013, 1:17:00 PM
I'm definitely a single player as well. I have done two groups on my templar (because he couldn't easily kill half the stuff in act 3) and it was a horrible experience.
The spell effects brought my computer to its knees, and as a melee templar I was forced into spamming chain lightning and healing totem to be of any assistance.
Don't even get me started on minions. They need to make them unclickable and see through, or at least add enemy floating health bars.

The free for all loot is pretty crappy too for pugs. If I was playing with some friends on ventrilo or something it would work out. But there is no honor otherwise. People just spam click everything that drops, and ignore requests for gear that would be an upgrade to someone else.

I plan to only group when I can't kill or kite something myself. Or if I try hardcore, because grouping was the most faceroll part of this game. Even lagging out with a pack on me, they would die before they could kill me, from my teammates.
loot thieving really turned me off from group play. i mean how hard is it to put a timer that isn't like a millisecond? i barely can get over and click it in the heat of battle before somebody is stealing my stuff. i only play with rl friends.
I whish they would remove the timer so people would stop complaining about it. Back to the roots. First to pick it up wins.
"
dornal wrote:
"
MikeX7 wrote:
Not really, many of us consider the game single player at the moment.

Many of whom? Of your friends? You can't really speak for anyone else :)

Don't be ridiculous. Of course he can say that, because there are "many" people who don't like the FFA loot and thus prefer single player. Dismissing those people as non-existent is just fanboyism.
By big issue with group play, besides the loot system and spell effects spam, is the fact that it's way too easy at this point. Monster health needs to scale more aggressively with number of players. Maybe 75% per player instead of 50%.
"
Weism wrote:
I play 6 person groups all the time and have no problem.
Maybe you need to upgrade your pc?

The screen does get cluttered especially with a necro, but I don't think to the point where you can not see or tell what's going on.

And I don't know who considers this game single player. I can say not me or anyone I play with.

Don't be this guy! The idiot with anecdotal evidence who contributes absolutely nothing to a discussion! No one likes that guy, so don't be that guy!
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻ <(o.o)> ┻━┻ ︵ \(Ò_Ó \)
I play alone i have yet to play with anyone. however someone was nice enough to help me out for a moment.
Voice work? I do it. --->https://sites.google.com/site/jezdamayel/
Game's way more fun with friends, I've made 6 characters so far just so I can have one appropriate for any level my friends happen to be at. I've complained about minions getting in the way before, hopefully GGG does something about it. The particle effects don't bother me but I wouldn't mind an option to turn them down for people without a modern GPU.
"
MGReaper wrote:
"
dornal wrote:
"
MikeX7 wrote:
Not really, many of us consider the game single player at the moment.

Many of whom? Of your friends? You can't really speak for anyone else :)

Don't be ridiculous. Of course he can say that, because there are "many" people who don't like the FFA loot and thus prefer single player. Dismissing those people as non-existent is just fanboyism.

I know many don't like it. Nowhere in that post did I dismiss those people.
The best part of the game is that it can be played in so many ways, and I'm playing alot solo myself.
Please don't toss around the fanboy "accusations" like that. It looks bad.

Now. I might have overreacted here. But I do not like it when someone speaks for a large group of people they don't know anything about.
You can speak for yourself, your friends or if you are a part of a larger community that share the same views. Everything else are just assumptions based on a few posts on a forum.

edit: yes, I see I'm contradicting myself a bit here. I'll just leave it and go play instead :P
Last edited by dornal on Feb 9, 2013, 2:08:30 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info