What's Being Kept from Torment/Bloodlines?

"
FreeMark wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:

The additional attention on PvP has successfully increased participation levels, but it hasn't had the level of popularity we were hoping for. Based on participation and feedback, we will continue to support PvP, but not at the expense of PvE content. We will look at more ways to make PvP more accessible for players in the future.

Can you expand on this?

As a general rule, people don't like standing in the rain.
If, however, you put up a stall giving away free money, people will queue up in the rain for that free money.
Statistics being what they are, one could then claim that people like queueing in the rain, when in fact most (because there will be a minority of people who do actually like standing in the rain) really don't like it one bit, but they like free money.

The queueing in the rain, in this analogy is of course PvP.
The money is things such as having Leo be able to craft possibly the most OP CI mod for PvE, etc, which cannot be gotten any other way, but, it can.

What GGG didn't realise is; their trade model bit them in the arse. Why stand in the rain when you can let someone else do it for you?

I dislike the full, unrestricted, free trade model GGG went with, I dislike incentives that are meant to show certain content is successful when success should stand on its own merits. It's a little amusing how these two things I dislike clashed, here.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Mar 9, 2015, 8:31:03 PM
"
Zamiul wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:
Magic packs will have a chance to spawn as Bloodlines packs in the next expansion.

The only Bloodlines packs that should be added to the game are Cult of the Elements, Flame/Frost/Storm Bearers, Heralds of the Obelisk, Living Blood, Otherworldly, and Shared Boon.

I would add Keepers, Voidspawn, Corrupted Bloodline and Spirit Walkers to this list. Maybe Frozen Sky too, because Herald of Thunder also exists.
About removing the league only uniques - it really is kinda lame when they have nothing to do with the league trademark (like ghoshts or magic packs) - and it is even more lame when you showcase them in build of the week prior to that.
Bloodline mods are not difficult, they are annoying and slow down gameplay. That said, if GGG is dead set on adding them in a way similar to Nemesis Mods please remove P-Link and Necrovigil, the other mods are fine.

Also not sure why we are adding more legacy uniques...
I'm sure a lot of us would love to use some of the cool uniques like rampage gloves, scolds bridle, etc but without spending 1K+ Scour chances.
Twitch.tv/Havoc616 --- Youtube.com/Havoc616
HvR 100 #1 SC/World - HvA 100 #2 Nemesis/#3 HC - HvTradeAfterMap 100 #1 Bloodlines
#1 Atziri & Uber Atziri Kill Invasion - #1 Bloodlines Uber Kill
Fix Level 100 Ladder Bug (November 2013)
"
Etup wrote:
"
lizzipoos wrote:
You guys thought bloodlines were a solid addition to blue packs? What...

Most of the mods are horrible. There's a few that are okay, Chaos bond, pulseblood, keepers of the trove (and even this one is kinda meh) and the rime one. The others are just a huge pain in the butt, a waste of time and just horrible.

Please, just do the game a favor and don't add any of them to the base game. Just pretend bloodlines never happened and move on from it.

THIS. The mobs are really not fun to play with or difficult.

+1

No rewarding at all.
Scold's bridle is insanely op as it can add 1million+ dps on just a 4 link if you use Incinerate. It should be very very hard to get that imo or it should not work with vaal molten shell.

Its never been a problem for most about the league only uniques but I guess one op item can change that.
IGN: eLdiLdoRadO
Last edited by takeme on Mar 9, 2015, 8:58:01 PM
I'll throw in some support for BL mods being added to the game. I think overall they were fun and balanced, with the only exceptions being Plink and necrovigil. If both of these were nerfed to give damage reduction similar to otherworldly instead of full immunity, I would be happy to have them around too.

It's also amusing that so many hardcore players cry a river when a hardcore league has a mod that makes the league harder. What do you expect from a hardcore challenge league in a game that markets itself as being cruel and unforgiving?
"
Genraenera wrote:
It's also amusing that so many hardcore players cry a river when a hardcore league has a mod that makes the league harder. What do you expect from a hardcore challenge league in a game that markets itself as being cruel and unforgiving?
I don't think I've seen any HC players mention BL mods being difficult, at least after the early balance updates.
"
Havoc6 wrote:
Also not sure why we are adding more legacy uniques...
I'm sure a lot of us would love to use some of the cool uniques like rampage gloves, scolds bridle, etc but without spending 1K+ Scour chances.

Do you see this, GGG?

Someone who is one of the likeliest people to actually be in a position in future leagues to be able to utilise the pyramid economy, the zana mods and the chancing of such uniques and make the whole process seemingly trivial to the rest of the peons.. doesn't actually find it fun.

Food for thought, GGG, food for thought.
Casually casual.

Not a big fan of obelisk and bearers unless there will be some changes made on them. Huge bearer pack can do potentially 25k dmg in a high level map at 75% resist. What else does that kind of damage? That's right, not even fucking hardest bosses get anywhere near that. You could lag, desync, or simply miss the mod in a party especially with builds like CoC or SRS that clutter the screen.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info