What's Being Kept from Torment/Bloodlines?

"
daleroy wrote:
Please remove the Martyr ghost from hardcore. It's pretty much instant rip for melee if more than one monster gets infected.
I didn't even think about that. Martyr can get completely ridiculous very easily.
"
Fenral wrote:
But it is very, very weird when it comes to monsters. Especially when the damage of these spells is in most cases determined by the base physical damage of the monsters.

Golems, for instance, will do far more damage with stormherald than would a skeleton mage, yet the skeleton mage is the magic user.

Layers upon layers of rng don't make for a challenge, they make for a lottery. Adding these mods just adds another layer of rng. If I wanted to play a lottery, I'd play one where I can win millions of dollars, not one to determine the survival of my character.
Ok, I disagree with it not making sense for the different mods being added because I think its just a basic feature of ARPGs, but I completely agree with the balance aspect of it. There is already more oneshot type situations than I'm comfortable with, and the more they add this stuff the more likely we are to run into situations that aren't really in our control.
"
Qarl wrote:
Additional content
With the all the various additional content options that have been added from leagues, the number of random special occurrences that can occur in the game has become very high. We will be rebalancing the introduction and chance of additional content like side areas, ambush chests and tormented spirits in the upcoming expansion.
We'll just have to wait and see how this part turns out.
"
lizzipoos wrote:
You guys thought bloodlines were a solid addition to blue packs? What...

Most of the mods are horrible. There's a few that are okay, Chaos bond, pulseblood, keepers of the trove (and even this one is kinda meh) and the rime one. The others are just a huge pain in the butt, a waste of time and just horrible.

Please, just do the game a favor and don't add any of them to the base game. Just pretend bloodlines never happened and move on from it.

THIS. The mobs are really not fun to play with or difficult.
So much QQ about BL mods... people are whiners. They're pretty cool overall. The annoying ones will be less intrusive when BL packs aren't all over the place. I'm glad this is being ported into the permanent leagues. I'm glad ghosts are being brought in too.

I do have to admit that I can't understand why those league-specific uniques whose mods aren't actually integrated with the league-specific mechanics cannot be allowed to drop in permanent leagues. My only guess is that it allows GGG to add more non-league-specific uniques to the core drop pool in the future. If the league-uniques were also added, it would further thin out the drop tables, which may not be desirable, since overall drop rates would need to be raised in order to introduce the same number of any given unique into the economy over time. It would be nice if GGG could comment on this, since they're so great about explaining other decisions :-)
"
Qarl wrote:

The additional attention on PvP has successfully increased participation levels, but it hasn't had the level of popularity we were hoping for. Based on participation and feedback, we will continue to support PvP, but not at the expense of PvE content. We will look at more ways to make PvP more accessible for players in the future.

Can you expand on this?
"
Qarl wrote:

Torment League
Tormented Spirits are an interesting game element to add to areas. While there’s more we can improve with their AI, the additional challenge and item drops have been popular. We’ll be rolling them into the core game, though at a lower spawn rate than they currently have.

Isn't the spawn rate on them already a bit too low? I hardly see them when running maps to the point of finding more strongboxes than ghosts on a regular basis. As a mechanic to be folded in to the core game, I feel the current spawn rate is fine or even increase the spawn rate a little. They are a very interesting and good game mechanic, yet hardly present in the game.
"
Based on participation and feedback

Well if you really appreciate our feedback you won't include the Bloodlines content into the core game.

We all appreciate your work done on Bloodlines but please let's just forget about it and move forward.
IGN: Talismqn
"
"

Well if you really appreciate our feedback you won't include the Bloodlines content into the core game.

We all appreciate your work done on Bloodlines but please let's just forget about it and move forward.

"Our feedback"

You don't speak for everybody.
"
Qarl wrote:
Magic packs will have a chance to spawn as Bloodlines packs in the next expansion.

The only Bloodlines packs that should be added to the game are Cult of the Elements, Flame/Frost/Storm Bearers, Heralds of the Obelisk, Living Blood, Otherworldly, and Shared Boon.
A bit confusing topic title, I searched through the post several times to find what you didn't add to torment/bloodlines as I read it that you were keeping something from us =P
"What will be kept from..." or "What we'll keep from..." feels like it would be a bit better.

PLZ, for the love of god, make phylecterial link a rare mod to spawn. It just puts the game on halt when you play maps that have tight passageways.

"
Zamiul wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:
Magic packs will have a chance to spawn as Bloodlines packs in the next expansion.

The only Bloodlines packs that should be added to the game are Cult of the Elements, Flame/Frost/Storm Bearers, Heralds of the Obelisk, Living Blood, Otherworldly, and Shared Boon.

I agree with this.
IGN Hardcore: Muppman
IGN Beyond: TheTrueAuraBitch or BlixtarOchDunder
Last edited by keyarchan on Mar 9, 2015, 8:18:24 PM
"
"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info