What's Being Kept from Torment/Bloodlines?

"
Fenral wrote:
"
Magnicon wrote:
I would prefer the spirits not being added unless its with whatever AI improvements can be made. If they are more rare, and you finally find one, and it runs into a corner, its just going to be more disappointing than it already is.
"
Fenral wrote:
I strongly dislike the idea behind nemesis mods or bloodlines mods. Slapping random abilities onto random monsters is just RNG. It adds nothing meaningful or substantial, and is honestly one of the things I disliked most about diablo 3 rare/champion monsters.

I don't think it has any place in this game outside of a map mod or zana mod.

How is it any different than what rares automatically have? Random properties that cover a wide range of potential threat. Its a core feature of pretty much every single ARPG.

Spoiler
Also, links should literally be deleted from the game.

The mods that rares have outside of nemesis mods only enhance the abilities of the base monster. Which is what I am fighting. They don't give that base monster a completely unrelated brand-new ability.

If you want me to fight a stronger, faster, more resistant enemy, that's one thing. Buff those mods. That's fine. But when that enemy, which happens to have no affiliation with magic in any way, shape, or form, starts raining lightning bolts from the sky, there's a very obvious thematic problem going on.

Following your logic, we should also prevent witches from ever using the cyclone gem and 2h axes, for this is a thematic problem.

Witches can only cast spells or become summoners. 2h melee witches is preposterous!
"
Qarl wrote:
(all packs have Phylacteral Link?)

please this so much please! the tears created by plink sustain me
"
Qarl wrote:

Magic packs will have a chance to spawn as Bloodlines packs in the next expansion.

Can't wait for the inevitable Otherworldly or Living Blood mod during races.
▒█▀▀█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ █▀▀ █▀▀   ▒█▀▄▀█ G O O D MTX Seal of Quality
▒█▄▄█ █▄▄▀ █▀▀ ▀▀█ ▀▀█   ▒█▒█▒█ O ­ Verified by M-posting, Inc.
▒█░░░ ▀░▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀   ▒█░░▒█ Y
"
Based on participation and feedback, we will continue to support PvP, but not at the expense of PvE content.

Thank You
You guys thought bloodlines were a solid addition to blue packs? What...

Most of the mods are horrible. There's a few that are okay, Chaos bond, pulseblood, keepers of the trove (and even this one is kinda meh) and the rime one. The others are just a huge pain in the butt, a waste of time and just horrible.

Please, just do the game a favor and don't add any of them to the base game. Just pretend bloodlines never happened and move on from it.
"
Qarl wrote:
Bloodlines League
Magic packs will have a chance to spawn as Bloodlines packs in the next expansion.

omg...
Last edited by NarraX1337 on Mar 9, 2015, 7:35:27 PM
"
lizzipoos wrote:
You guys thought bloodlines were a solid addition to blue packs? What...

Most of the mods are horrible. There's a few that are okay, Chaos bond, pulseblood, keepers of the trove (and even this one is kinda meh) and the rime one. The others are just a huge pain in the butt, a waste of time and just horrible.

Please, just do the game a favor and don't add any of them to the base game. Just pretend bloodlines never happened and move on from it.

You never got past docks in bloodlines, what makes you think you have an opinion on the subject?
"
H4NS wrote:

Following your logic, we should also prevent witches from ever using the cyclone gem and 2h axes, for this is a thematic problem.

Witches can only cast spells or become summoners. 2h melee witches is preposterous!

Except that nothing about character class limits your choice of equipment or abilities. Monsters, however, are limited in that way outside of these rng-generated mods.
IGN: OldManSyndrome or _OldManSyndrome_
Sounds cool!
"
Morsexier wrote:
Why are uniques that have no relation to the league, the reason why those uniques were separate before, aka "gives rampage mod etc", not being continued on with?

Any thoughts on rethinking the split uniques angle? I don't get why scold's bridle is something I have to play torment to experience when it does nothing specific to ghosts or anything of that ilk.

+1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info