Would a single-target focused Infernal Blow build work?

My idea is to use Avatar of Fire and build more toward elemental and fire damage and radius on the tree instead of physical damage.
I would have to take Vaal Pact to not kill myself.
I would replace Melee Splash and Multistrike in the links, with Fire Pen and Life Leech. This would result in similar tooltip. I would have to focus on a single target and kill packs with the explosion effect that would be scaled to more than 100% of monster life.

Example Tree, with Catalyst, Saffel and Lighning Coil, + Purity of Fire/Lightning and Immortal Call as defences.

Do you think this could work/be worthwhile?

it can work, but i think the clear speed is not going to be amazing, the problem are big hp magic/rare mobs (bosses too).

maybe you have to go burn/proliferate and hoa.
"
Zuggtmoy wrote:
it can work, but i think the clear speed is not going to be amazing, the problem are big hp magic/rare mobs (bosses too).

Yea that's a problem with Infernal Blow in general. :(

bosses that summon minions or have a lot of other mobs around are easy 'cause of the explosions, they are a lot and it seems that ggg it's reworking bosses into that way (brutus, merveil)

there is also another problem: you got no defense aside from hp.
at this point it's really better a dual strike hoa burn proliferation, or a fire arrow trap if you want a fire themed char.
"
Zuggtmoy wrote:
there is also another problem: you got no defense aside from hp.

I listed my defenses, perma Immortal Call + Lightning Coil vs physical and Saffel + Purities vs elemental I think they are more defenses than what 95% of people would use.

"
Zuggtmoy wrote:
at this point it's really better a dual strike hoa burn proliferation, or a fire arrow trap if you want a fire themed char.

Does the HoA base the overkill on the combined damage of the 2 weapons with Dual Strike? I never knew that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info