I play this game without logging in half of the time

I spend hours with the skill tree planner trying to make underused skills and uniques work. I check the forums for similar builds and the wiki for mechanics. I look at poe.trade for prices and availability. I google small details and interactions.

But I almost never create the character. I just move on to the next thing. Grinding xp, items and gem levels is just too boring and takes too long in comparison.

The game is a gigantic build-check, the mechanics and the action are not very exciting. The net-code wouldn't even allow for it. Once you know what those checks are and fixed everything, there's not a lot of reason to go through with the character in my opinion.

Maybe I've just played the game for too long. But I have to say I still enjoy the planning phase very much.

This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
Zed_ wrote:
I spend hours with the skill tree planner trying to make underused skills and uniques work. I check the forums for similar builds and the wiki for mechanics. I look at poe.trade for prices and availability. I google small details and interactions.

But I almost never create the character. I just move on to the next thing. Grinding xp, items and gem levels is just too boring and takes too long in comparison.

The game is a gigantic build-check, the mechanics and the action are not very exciting. The net-code wouldn't even allow for it. Once you know what those checks are and fixed everything, there's not a lot of reason to go through with the character in my opinion.

Maybe I've just played the game for too long. But I have to say I still enjoy the planning phase very much.

Planning characters so fun. Over the course of the past 2 years I've had the ability to create many characters that always get a free respect with every major patch, which allows for me to try new and interesting things. My longterm goal is to have 20\20 of all applicable gems and 20 of all auras (pretty much have this one)

If your just wanting to plan and make characters, leveling gems might not be an issue as corrupted level 20 gems go for relatively pretty cheap in standard.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
Build creation is sick :). But the investment required to enjoy most of them is very high, specially if your making snow-flake builds.

Snow flake builds usually require more investment to counter there downsides of special
play-style/attributes.

I actually do still make most of my creations but i understand your position, if you don't have the time or willpower to make it happen it can be harsh.

And from a pure mathematical viewpoint you can easily deduce what a char is going to behave like and function in end-game content. Combined with in-game experience, actually playing the character can become less interesting then creating your next theory-craft.

On the other hand, most builds stumble upon leveling problems and issue's not foreseen in a theoretical creation and as such provide additional challenge in getting the creation going, which in itself is a lot of fun, finding ways to bypass those hurdles.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
I feel the same, OP.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Why would you spend hours on an excel sheet just so your can calculate DPS, HP/MP, special mechanics, that is just pure madness amirite? :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info