here is a major problem in this game help find ideas to fix it

a lot of higher-level people vendor trash low level items so people joining this game are willing to buy those things cannot find them as the elitist attitude of the community right now I'm just pointing it out so we can come up with an idea for a solution it's reasonable for both parties and one way to improve things is to improve trading but that's been asked for a million times already there's other solutions but we need to find them trading not necessarily the best option this case so we need to brainstorm we need to find a way for new people coming into path of Exile to get what they need when they start out at anytime in the game which is cheap an affordable that's why the leagues die down and the eyes of a players and why do you want to play a game when it's only grinding I know that's part of the game the part of grinding is the problem rng it sometimes is the problem I got up to merciless with my recent character I couldn't continue any further cuz I couldn't find any upgrades for my witch I was using level 20 gear any level 50 area windup having problems with these three things health resistance and mana what finally made me say fuck it attitude of the community nobody wanted to trade and my guild you'll do okay it's only leveling gear you don't need to upgrade it sorry I'm dying a lot I'm not making XP I'm not leveling so I left it all people care about is the clear speed on a map I just wanna get there to where I can do them I don't care about the speed

here's the basic problem summary

exalted orbs are too popular

low level gear is trashed

the endgame mindset

I'm sorry about the quality of my english I'm using voice to text i dyslexic my writing so terrible I need you something like this I tried my best to make it is understandable as possible if anybody here can understand it rewrite it for them so people can understand it better
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
For any changes to happen the community would have to change, which it wont.
if new players have problems with good low level gear or leveling uniques i usually recommend joining a guild.

most guilds share a good part of beginner, midgame and sometimes even endgame items they don't need any longer, you can borrow them and put them back if you find something better.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Stash space is limited. At the start of Torment, I decided to only have one character and therefore kept vendoring low level items. Changed my mind but at this point, any new character can throw as many (basic) orbs at a white item as they want. :-D

As Geradon said, joining the right guild works. There are quite a lot out there set to helping new players and/or who are big and well organised enough to keep low level gear in stash. Or just ask in Guild Chat.

Just asking around nicely in general can get you items, too. I've given away lots of stuff to new players and low level characters before. You'll probably get flamed or just put on ignore by some people but there's also a good chance of getting help. :-)
Fun game: read the OP out loud without pausing or taking a breath and see how far you can get.

I got a little over the halfway mark.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
"
Alysma wrote:
Stash space is limited. At the start of Torment, I decided to only have one character and therefore kept vendoring low level items. Changed my mind but at this point, any new character can throw as many (basic) orbs at a white item as they want. :-D

As Geradon said, joining the right guild works. There are quite a lot out there set to helping new players and/or who are big and well organised enough to keep low level gear in stash. Or just ask in Guild Chat.

Just asking around nicely in general can get you items, too. I've given away lots of stuff to new players and low level characters before. You'll probably get flamed or just put on ignore by some people but there's also a good chance of getting help. :-)

Not if you bought stash tabs. Then you got all those in all leagues, duh.^^
Even if you buy tabs, it's still limited. How much maybe depends on how many you have, how you use them* and yeah, technically you can have >60000 but the limit is there. :-D

*I've bought tabs mainly to keep my stuff organised. E.g. I have tabs for different levels of currency, ilvl 75+ crafting items and separate ones for maps <70 and those >70, etc. None of them are full but I can find items easily :-)
"
Alysma wrote:
Even if you buy tabs, it's still limited. How much maybe depends on how many you have, how you use them* and yeah, technically you can have >60000 but the limit is there. :-D

*I've bought tabs mainly to keep my stuff organised. E.g. I have tabs for different levels of currency, ilvl 75+ crafting items and separate ones for maps <70 and those >70, etc. None of them are full but I can find items easily :-)

Fun fact: There is a soft cap at 65k+ but it would be increased if anyone would ever reach it. Dev confirmed btw. ;)

Why arent you on my friendlist btw, thats so weird, you seem cool. :)
There was a guy that gave out free uniques. I forget his name and I think it was only in standard. I can't find the thread right now; I will look a little more and edit it in if I end up finding it.

In the past, I would sell low level stuff for a couple alterations. Here are my reasons for stopping.

1. I did not find the demand met the supply.
2. The time it takes to trade then rearrange shop.
3. The dependance on third party software or internet browser.
4. "Out skilling" the content. (Unless you are farming the low level content, you don't come across the low level items as much. For an experienced player, it is very easy to get to the higher levels with minimal farming. This is probably why your old guild was saying your gear is fine.)

Sorry I do not have any ideas for you. Maybe you can use my experience to brainstorm though.
<3 Free Tibet <3
Keep adding suggestion, the devs love to read them.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info