PoE API information?

Doing some basic googling, I found this link:
http://www.pathofexile.com/developer/docs/api
I was mildly disappointed as there was no info about getting character and/or inventory info

upon further searching, I found out these API things exist:
Items - http://www.pathofexile.com/character-window/get-items?character=USERNAMEHERE
Stash - http://www.pathofexile.com/character-window/get-stash-items?eague=standard&tabs=1&tabIndex=1
Hideout Stash - http://www.pathofexile.com/character-window/get-stash-items?league=standard
Passives - http://www.pathofexile.com/character-window/get-passive-skills?eqData=false&character=USERNAMEHERE

They require you to be logged in on the website, though. But I can't find any docs about it or how other people discovered such urls/apis.
I can't find any docs that explain what some parameters mean (it's mostly pretty obvious, but some are weird) and what other url options there are (see: Stash vs Hideout Stash urls).
Soo.. is there any better source of API information?

Also:
The program I made just for myself (inventory/stash viewer, for seeing quantities and finding duplicates, with other basic info) seems to work pretty good (although, ugly). But it has one thing I don't like:
I need the "Get info" button to open the browser to get the JSON info, then have the user (me, and only me) paste it.
Does the PoE API have any way to automatically get the information with no browser? some HTTPREQUEST headers or something? Or is it browser-session only? No love for software (I'm using a windows-only language)?

Pointless background info:
Decided to make this program after waiting and waiting for a stash sort feature so I can easily find/remove duplicate gems and have all my currencies ordered nicely (it sucks moving them around after a stack fills up). But.. I'm too lazy to finish the organization part (yes, I know others have made organization programs).
This program simply shows me how many of each item I have so I can easily Search for the ones I have too many duplicates of.
rawr. fear me.
Last bumped on Jan 23, 2018, 5:11:07 PM
I really hope they remove any access to item data and other stuff.

This should never be available besides things like ladder ranking.

Giving access to external tools of game data is a weapon of double blade.

Laziness by developers to let other people access, manipulate and mangle game data to provide services that should be fixed-integrated ingame and by GGG only is dangerous and they should just not allow it.

Can't wait to see what are the changes regarding this on Act4, but any data aquisition out of the game shouldn't be allowed.

This is a game, not a service.

"
manipulate and mangle game data

The API is read-only. No way to edit and mangle anything. Get only, not Set. in no way is it a weapon.

The manipulation stuff, should I not be lazy and implement it, would be done like others have done it: move the mouse and click and drag the items(s) to their new location, then place it. Repeat.
Not some API-only feature by lazy devs.

But my main question is:
Is there a better source for API info and documentation for PoE?
rawr. fear me.
Last edited by tidbit on Mar 4, 2015, 5:14:35 PM
I haven't made that part yet and probably won't :P The screenshot I posted let me find all the duplicates I had. took a few minutes but still much better than killing my already bad eyes trying to look at the tiny gem icons.
But even so it is only one function, click. Well, 2 I guess. click and move. But only for organization, not some chicken script for hardcore or skill sequence or aurto-pot or anything.
Having 4 tabs and 1.3 of them filled with mostly non-duplicated gems and the tiny hard-to-see icons makes it a pain to organize. Maps too.
So if we could sort (name? type? custom keyword?) that would help a lot. Duplicates would be right next to eachother. A lot of games have such a feature.
Before I decide to add in the auto-sort feature (which I might never do) I'll email support@grindinggear.com and see what they say. Currently I just have a simple viewer using the provided API. No automation of any kind.

ANYYYYWAYS... This topic is not about that. I was asking for API information.
There seems to be several undocumented API things, and I was wondering where people got that info and where I could find more info.
rawr. fear me.
Last edited by tidbit on Mar 4, 2015, 5:57:21 PM
Hi Tidbit, it's likely those undocumented parameters were shared by 'word of mouth' some time ago during the beta period. We're aiming to make some updates on the documentation in the future along with a method to provide access to some user data without requiring a login.
"
Michael_GGG wrote:
Hi Tidbit, it's likely those undocumented parameters were shared by 'word of mouth' some time ago during the beta period. We're aiming to make some updates on the documentation in the future along with a method to provide access to some user data without requiring a login.

Awesome
"
chromafunk wrote:
I really hope they remove any access to item data and other stuff.

This should never be available besides things like ladder ranking.

Giving access to external tools of game data is a weapon of double blade.

Laziness by developers to let other people access, manipulate and mangle game data to provide services that should be fixed-integrated ingame and by GGG only is dangerous and they should just not allow it.

Can't wait to see what are the changes regarding this on Act4, but any data aquisition out of the game shouldn't be allowed.

This is a game, not a service.

100% true gamedesign wise, but PoE already lost the bet, as its designed in a way that it sucks unless you trade.

Crappy games will always be reliant on 3rd party sites/programs and mods.
Characters
/character-window/get-characters

Items
/character-window/get-items
character= {username}

Stash
/character-window/get-stash-items
league= {Standard,Hardcore,Torment,Bloodlines}
tabs= {0,1} 1 to shows tabs name, position, colors
tabIndex= {0,...,N}

Hideout Stash
/character-window/get-stash-items
league= {Standard,Hardcore}

MTX Stash
/character-window/get-mtx-stash-items
league= {Standard,Hardcore,Torment,Bloodlines}
tabs= {0,1} 1 to shows tabs name, position, colors
tabIndex= {0,...,N}

Passives
/character-window/get-passive-skills
character= {username}
"
ExiledRenor wrote:

Crappy games will always be reliant on 3rd party sites/programs and mods.

Only the best games give you such options.
"
Michael_GGG wrote:

Hi Michael...

It would be great if we had access to the APIs that did the following:

- API(s) that returns Guild Information (if provided a guild name/id) on the guild profile page, including list of Guild Members, like seen here: http://www.pathofexile.com/guild/profile/913

-API(s) that returns Player Information (if provided a name/id) on the player profile game (if visible), including information on each tab (Characters, Racing etc), such as seen here: http://www.pathofexile.com/guild/profile/913

These would enable developers to create tools for managing, reviewing guilds and their members.

Cheers.
Chris Wilson: "Today was the proudest day of my life."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info