Playing a 2H

"
Shagsbeard wrote:
The problem is you. You said it yourself. You "feel gimped". Quit feeling that way and enjoy each build for what it brings.

Well, I enjoy it but the goal is often to try to make your build and character stronger. Now I hit a gear gap in term of power (my weapon) which I have no solution to fix it and endgame is so bland that if i'm for doing mindless map farming better do it on a character with more power/clearspeed

i've been playing a 2h mace build for a while, and it's easily the cheapest to gear, highest dps, and fastest clearer out of anything i've tried. (i have not tried anything that costs over 50 ex)

a 500pdps weapon costs about 1ex. that's crazy cheap. sure some builds out there use cheaper weapons, but rely on more expensive other items.

i got 55k from a budget build i made. here's the build if you're interested
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1107267/
"
Xavqwyrus wrote:
i've been playing a 2h mace build for a while, and it's easily the cheapest to gear, highest dps, and fastest clearer out of anything i've tried. (i have not tried anything that costs over 50 ex)

a 500pdps weapon costs about 1ex. that's crazy cheap. sure some builds out there use cheaper weapons, but rely on more expensive other items.

i got 55k from a budget build i made. here's the build if you're interested
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1107267/

I wish that crafting attribute was still available (inc physical + accuracy), i think it as been removed :(
"
Xavqwyrus wrote:

Currently at bloodlines there are exactly 4 weapons with a bit more than 500dps and the cheapest costs 4.5 exalts. So im guessing you talk about STD, because even in TMT atm there are only 2 weapons with a bit more than 500dps that cost 1ex (the other 35 listed cost minimum 4ex and one at 2ex)

And even 1exalt is not cheap if you actually take the time and compare the rolls to those of a 1h weapon. The same rolls for a 1h go 15-25chaos.
Inundated with cockroaches, I am

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions
No hybrid mod master crafting kind of killed high dps bows and 2hers this league. I mean short duration leagues. It was nice last league. But if you have been looking for maces. I play ground slam like every league too and only a few have been for sale over 500 from what ive seen.
"
cavespro wrote:
No hybrid mod master crafting kind of killed high dps bows and 2hers this league. I mean short duration leagues. It was nice last league. But if you have been looking for maces. I play ground slam like every league too and only a few have been for sale over 500 from what ive seen.

And that is kind of sad :(

2H have potential for 800 dps and I don't mind them being rare or costly at that dps
but the market for 2h suck so bad that getting a 600-700 dps (not top damage) isnt even possible.

Imagine that the new 500(average we see for good 2h) would be 650-700 dps, not only there would be more build around 2h and player would have more option in choosing dps vs survibility

GGG a while ago explicitly increased the damage mod for 2H to help fix the problem with 2h. In my opinion it was a big fail because it didnt help at all and most weapon over 450 dps are still rare and those getting over 600 dps arent affordable by a majority :(
Last edited by ffogell on Mar 4, 2015, 3:36:04 PM
Been trying to find an upgrade from this for a while now.

:(
Last edited by Extreme_Boyheat on Mar 4, 2015, 7:26:28 PM
"
Been trying to find an upgrade from this for a while now.

:(

Well for axes there's always Disfavour to save up for. :)

Best i have found this league. My 2Her is dead and I don't think I will rebuild. Sorta linked it for fun.
"
TheTenthDoc wrote:
Unfortunately, due to the low perceived demand for 2-hands in the current game, its likely that people aren't crafting them for sale or paying close attention to the rolls they get and how they could modify them.

It's similar to how difficult it is to find well-rolled elemental sceptres or claws. Nobody wants them, so nobody sells them.

I think another problem is how uniques have sort of edged out rares in a lot of cases. With the exception of the start of the league when there's not a whole lot available, most of the time you can find a unique that is somewhat equal to high-end rares (esp. Atziri uniques), and with more of those uniques in the market it means the many-times-more-rare rare weapons don't really get a good reflection of utility versus cost.
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info