Playing a 2H

Theorically what is the highest dps a rare 2h weapon could roll ? 700-750 dps ?

Playing a RT stunlocker , I wish 700 dps weapon would be more available or slightly easier to roll.

Its sad we barely see weapon higher than 500-550 dps on poe trade (Mace), everyone say the problem with melee isnt damage , yes and no, with more damage i could clear faster, better leech (also vaal pact would be more interesting to use due to fact that my leech can't scale of crit)

Comparing the dps with a lot of other build I made , I still feel gimped even if my survivibility is good.

On the other hand if i could get my hand on a 650-700 dps mace, i would feel to be in a sweet spot in the long run dps wise.

played 2h for years until i got convinced that staying in the middle of the room and kill the screen with proliferated elemental aoe is more fun.

but it really isn't. at least not in the long run.

and the solution isn't to extend proliferation to physical damage.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
geradon wrote:
played 2h for years until i got convinced that staying in the middle of the room and kill the screen with proliferated elemental aoe is more fun.

but it really isn't. at least not in the long run.

and the solution isn't to extend proliferation to physical damage.

No doubt my EA ele prolif and Chinsol Burning Arrow trapper laugh at my 2h clear speed and dps and the weapon investment is almost zero lol :)

It does feel like usable weapons are prohibitively rare given how significant they are. Making 700 dps common would be silly, but even rares over 400 are pretty hard to find yourself. The only thing in favor of melee weapons is that low demand makes them affordable, but in the long run I suspect they'll need a tweak of some kind to make a higher percentage of them viable.
"
FunkyFritter wrote:
It does feel like usable weapons are prohibitively rare given how significant they are. Making 700 dps common would be silly, but even rares over 400 are pretty hard to find yourself. The only thing in favor of melee weapons is that low demand makes them affordable, but in the long run I suspect they'll need a tweak of some kind to make a higher percentage of them viable.

I know ,I have been playing caster for sometimes and their damage mostly scale from gem and tree ,in that case most of the time the weapon just have a small impact on your dps comparatively to melee. (there is always exception in some builds)

As for melee I specced like +200% increase damage on the tree + a lot of stuff and the only way I can scale my damage now is through my weapon and its impossible to do so (reallistically for someone like me who dont have the wealth to craft and will never have)

No doubt , melee feels gimped in people mind, the gear wall does not help it either and the fact we barely see 2h weapon that goes even near the theorically number they could roll.
"
ffogell wrote:
Theorically what is the highest dps a rare 2h weapon could roll ? 700-750 dps ?

Playing a RT stunlocker , I wish 700 dps weapon would be more available or slightly easier to roll.

Its sad we barely see weapon higher than 500-550 dps on poe trade (Mace), everyone say the problem with melee isnt damage , yes and no, with more damage i could clear faster, better leech (also vaal pact would be more interesting to use due to fact that my leech can't scale of crit)

Comparing the dps with a lot of other build I made , I still feel gimped even if my survivibility is good.

On the other hand if i could get my hand on a 650-700 dps mace, i would feel to be in a sweet spot in the long run dps wise.

Highest possible dps for 2h maces is 828, for 2h axes 894, 2h swords 835 and staves 825.

I can agree with you that compared to 1h were 350-400dps weapons are somewhat easy to acquire, we rarely see 2h weapons for sale that have more than 600dps, and 2h weapons with 500 or so are extremely overpriced for their rolls. I dont know but i can only think that people skip picking up 2h weapons all together.
Inundated with cockroaches, I am

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions
^they take up the most slots in an inventory, so they have a low efficiency to loot and take to town.

I think there efficiency is only outmatched by the 8 slot shields :).

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Highest possible dps for 2h maces is 828, for 2h axes 894, 2h swords 835 and staves 825.

I can agree with you that compared to 1h were 350-400dps weapons are somewhat easy to acquire, we rarely see 2h weapons for sale that have more than 600dps, and 2h weapons with 500 or so are extremely overpriced for their rolls. I dont know but i can only think that people skip picking up 2h weapons all together.

I've been looking for an upgrade to my Hegemony's on Torment for months. There's absolutely nothing on sale.
Time to start picking up Lathis people! :)

Unfortunately, due to the low perceived demand for 2-hands in the current game, its likely that people aren't crafting them for sale or paying close attention to the rolls they get and how they could modify them.

It's similar to how difficult it is to find well-rolled elemental sceptres or claws. Nobody wants them, so nobody sells them.
Read my book! The world ending in every way anyone ever thought it might end, all at once. First few chapters are available online for free.
http://www.amazon.com/The-End-World-Know-ebook/dp/B00CZ21JAQ
The problem is you. You said it yourself. You "feel gimped". Quit feeling that way and enjoy each build for what it brings.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info