So I hit my 100 in races.. what to do next till Act4?

Hi all racers, no-racers.

Last Brutus kill race, 8pts, hit my 100 points. Got my Maligaro's gloves, even I was lucky to get those before in BRUTAL party race:

So my question is - what to do next? 250 pts? in races? Are you fck me ggg? I got 100 and maybe can have ~+50-75, but 250???? To get 100, I had play a lot, so usual 'casual' gamer 99% cant even reach 100... I was just thinking today... why? I have almost nothing to do till leagues end, next patch will be there in ??? April?

Ok, ok. Just have vacation and too much bear now :)))

... again, have 3 masters lvld up to 8, still miss 1 Tora quest to get me to lvl4 achievements... and she is lvl8... few days all 3 qusting, no uniqs in shop... jesus, rng is rng but... ohhh....

So:

WHO still plays, races, etc: what is your motivation?

P.S. I have vacation, need/want to play PoE, but..
Last edited by BestiyaLV on Mar 4, 2015, 9:01:30 AM
I quit after reaching 100 race points. There's no way most players can ever hope to reach 250 points (let alone 500 or 1000), especially if they have a job, and considering that there are no rewards in between tiers (aside from the possibility of winning a random draw item), it's a waste of time unless you like to practice/test your racing skills.

The races get stale quick. Unwavering as the signature race is really boring, and I hate that in most races you lose all your points if you die (screw you, desync deaths). I do enjoy Descent, the boss kill races are ok since you're guaranteed some points as long as you kill the boss, and I'd probably like Endless Ledge if I ever get to try it, but it was a rather dull season.

I hear they used to give currency rewards. That might motivate some to continue racing after reaching 100 points.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Time to reroll and/oir wait for new race and start over again and again and again... and I heard a few people on standard will pay 200ex for some item skin...
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
I was an IT support guy, so there was sometime time to do Brutus/Descent races ANNNNNND that how i get my 100. But if you have usual job, family, life... NO WAY .... GGG -> NO WAY to get even 100 pts.

Last season (10) for 100 pts was Cybil's Paw... http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Race_season_10 fck I was even not doing ANY race...

I love PoE, I support GGG, but ... man... we need more prizes till 100, ok 150 or even 200pts, WHY i will want to race, but now.... :(

Back to lvl my Caterina/Vagan/and fcked Haku... Zana too if lucky to lvl8
Last edited by BestiyaLV on Mar 4, 2015, 8:46:21 AM
Why don't you try to push yourself harder in races? It's alot easier to get your rewards with 10+ points/race, and while that does require skill and practice, its fun to aim for a spot on the ladder :D.

I would have gone for 500 points if I didn't have real life things to deal with :(.

But I actually enjoy racing, I don't see it as an obstacle to a reward, so theres that too :D.
Last edited by CabooseDog on Mar 4, 2015, 8:45:25 AM
Well i got my 202 points earlier today but also i was on vacation last week and played nearly every race (sleeping schedule fucked up haha). I cant do most of the races now cause they are in my worktime but i hope to hit at least 250 points.

My motivation is basically that it is my first race season and i hope to get some alt art to sell for ex. :)

edit: I'm unsure if i play a race season where i dont have one week of vacation to no life races.
Last edited by loardpcm on Mar 4, 2015, 8:46:58 AM
My motivation is 7/8 (never did more than 6) and to have a decent Bloodlines character where I play mainly softcore.

I want to get Leo to level 6.

I also want to get to level 93. I don't get to no life, so I have to stretch my goals out over months.
Last edited by Barivius on Mar 4, 2015, 8:50:04 AM
Watch top racers' stream to learn and improve your racing skill, so you get more points per race. I improved my racing skill a lot by just watching streamers like mors or helman and sometimes even vods of people who won races. And I got some demigods season 9 eventhough it was the first time I was trying marauder after a long break from racing.

I'm not a top racer but alt arts should not be first reason for someone who wants to "race". Only one player wins a race (per class) and whenever I try racing I want to be that guy. It definitely takes a lot of practice and focus but that is what "racing" is all about.

I'm focusing on pvp atm and trying to do uber on BL but can't wait for the next season to get back to racing again.
Last edited by Mephisto_n on Mar 4, 2015, 8:58:09 AM
"
CabooseDog wrote:
Why don't you try to push yourself harder in races? It's alot easier to get your rewards with 10+ points/race, and while that does require skill and practice, its fun to aim for a spot on the ladder :D.

I would have gone for 500 points if I didn't have real life things to deal with :(.

But I actually enjoy racing, I don't see it as an obstacle to a reward, so theres that too :D.

So you will reach 250 this season :) Nice :) And will get a ring that is not used(ok, maybe i dont't now how to)

As I can see, your favorite char is witch, i played it too. Why to not try to be the best? Funny to watch, when I'm lvl 5 and in brutus fight some TOP racer dies at lvl 8/10 due to fast racing. Do I need extra few points? No. 100->250 is too much time to spent. I mostly set goal - get lvl/kill and just quit even if i got time/power.

"
mephisto_n wrote:
Watch top racers' stream to learn and improve your racing skill, so you get more points per race. I improved my racing skill a lot by just watching streamers like mors or helman and sometimes even vods. And I got some demigods even though last season was the first time I was trying marauder after a long break from racing.

Racing/fun. Most streamers now are offline, i can do it faster, like ~12min Brutus, ~25min Marveil, but it's not funny - you just run for that carrot. And if lucky, not die.

BUT yes, to be one in top list is... 'yea, I CAN' :)))

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info