Aqquiring Armourer's Scraps and Blacksmith's Whetstones

Spoiler

DISCLAMER:
English is not my 1st language, so if you don't understand what I mean or I made some writing errors, please correct me it's the only way I will learn ;).

It really bothers me the way of acquiring Scraps and Wheatstone in the game right now, it usually makes you be on the look out for Superior gear and makes you inventory management more difficult, to be honest I don't think most players even bother with quality recipes unless it's flasks or gems.

So I have a suggestion to make it a bit less cumbersome,

Upon reaching Lioneye's Watch, Tarkleigh tells us:
" But what have I got? Starving exiles with driftwood clubs and rusted dirks. "

So why not task the player to give him specific gear,

The basic idea is upon encountering Tarkleigh, he gives a 2 Quest's to the player, one which asks for a specific weapon (e.g. :See if you can find me a Copper Sword(any rarity or quality) to give these poor exiles a fighting chance) the other asks for a gear base(Cone Helmet, Padded Jacket).
Upon selling a Copper Sword to Tarkleigh he gives a Wheatstone in exchange.
Then the quest is reset with a new Weapon Base.
The same applies to Gear and Scraps.

Now seeing this I can thing a few problems:

1: It's to much work to remember to vendor the right base to him and the reward is very unrepeatable, before you could fill a stash tab with quality gear and then vendor it all.
To solve this Tarkleigh will give a Wheatstone for each Copper Sword sold in that transaction, meaning you can stack 10 of these and vendor them when you need some Wheatstones.

2: I got 2h maces and you got 1h swords, the inventory space needed difference is massive.
I honestly don't see this has a problem, you got a bad base, vendor it as soon as you can to see if you get a better base next time.
Got lucky, awesome stash as many as can fit the trade window and make a nice transaction ;).

3: Well what about quality gear? now I don't have nothing to do with it.
I see no reason to remove the current recipes because it works great for flasks and keeps consistency in the mechanics.

4: Racing will be affected by this!
Spoiler
DISCLAMER: I like to race, and often do, but I suck at it, so keep that in mind
Yes it will and I actually think its an improvement has to what we have now, right now if you are playing a physical build like Leap Slam, the %Physical recipe is really useful but it requires you to pick up 3-4 items(for the Quality recipe) and go to town, or hope to have enough Wheatstones drop to keep you going.
Adding this you can simply see with base you need when you get your 1st quest gem and keep on the look for it, providing a steady income of Wheatstones throughout the race.

Thank you for reading and look forward to see your thoughts on this suggestion
I really hope this gets to the right people at GGG and hopefully get a comment from them :D.
Portugal ^^
Last edited by MikeNeto on Mar 3, 2015, 7:07:49 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
MikeNeto wrote:
It really bothers me the way of acquiring Scraps and Wheatstone in the game right now, it usually makes you be on the look out for Superior gear and makes you inventory management more difficult, to be honest I don't think most players even bother with quality recipes unless it's flasks or gems.

I'll be honest, it's only ever going to be a problem at the lowest of levels on a new league, it's absolutly fine otherwise and is more of a burden becuase you get to a stage where you don't really use them outside a few recipies, as such you'll be kicking around at level 60+ and have stacks possibly near hundreds of them.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Other than masters, what quests do ever reset? None.
since artisan boxes (or boxes with "items have 20 quality") drop huge amounts of whetstones and scraps if you roll "+ x items", there really is no urgent need for other ways to get them.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
I don't know why you're having such a bad time getting them unless you either:

1. Have terrible RNG/luck.

or

2. Are crafting.

But if you're crafting, that means you are either:

1. Are smart, and therefor have near limitless currency and can easily trade for whetstones and scraps.

or

2. Are stupid, and are attempting to craft with limited currency.

Never use currency unless you're trading for a guaranteed result or have a ton of currency.

I haven't picked up and sold quality gear or weapons in months now. The only things I pick up are superior flasks or gems.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info