Are my Facebreakers broken?

I understand just about every mechanic in this game, know just about every area (including maps, except 71+ like the back of my hand, and know just about all of the builds that are out there due to pouring over the skill gems, forums, and uniques out there.

But I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how someone can get 20-30k DPS using Cyclone with Facebreakers.

Gear I Use

I used: Cyclone (17) + MPD (15 +8% quality) + Concentrated Effect (16) + Added Fire Damage (17) + Faster Attacks (17) + LGOH. Without any reservations I managed to get 5.3-7k DPS. With Hatred I got 9.9k DPS.

Yet people show that they get upwards of 35k DPS while using Bringer of Rain, only slightly better rings and amulet, and lower rolled Facebreakers (700% even).

Is 200 strength really that much of a damn difference? I don't think so. The character that got 5.3k DPS has nearly 350 strength while the potential 9.9k had ~200 but 92% aura/buff effect to augment Hatred.

So what am I missing? Is there a hidden attribute on Facebreakers or something?
You have ~95 average phys damage on your gear. Multiplied by 9.6 from Facebreakers. Unarmed has 1.2 base attack speed. 95*9.6*1.2=1094

So your Facebreakers is equivalent to having an 1100 dps weapon. That's far better than any non-crit weapon in the game, by far. You should be easily getting 20k+ dps, I think something's wrong with your passives maybe?

How's the tree? You sure you picked up RT, for example?

Here's a 22k FB BoR cycloner without Conc. Eff. (I fucking hate Conc with Cyclone lol).

Spoiler

I had RT on the 5.3k one but not on the 7k/9.9k one.

I didn't have any significant physical damage but had ~20% attack speed in total. Also 300 strength gives 60% increased physical damage in and of itself, so that should count for something.

I can't imagine not using Conc Effect due to how low the damage already is.
You need to pick up more increased physical / increased melee physical / while holding a shield nodes in the Marauder/Duelist areas and more attack speed, if you want high dps.

The great thing about Facebreakers is that it's More Damage, and thus multiplicative with all your Increased Damage. So yes, 200 Strength (40% Increased Damage) does make quite the difference. To be more precise: 40% of 95 multiplied by 9.6 equals an additional 364 avg Damage per Hit, not counting three multiplicative Gem bonuses.

Your gems are also all below max level, and don't have Quality. While each individual Gem won't be a very big difference, the fact you're down a total of 18 levels and 92% Quality does add up to a fair bunch of Damage.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Mar 3, 2015, 5:27:13 PM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
The great thing about Facebreakers is that it's More Damage, and thus multiplicative with all your Increased Damage. So yes, 200 Strength (40% Increased Damage) does make quite the difference. To be more precise: 40% of 95 multiplied by 9.6 equals an additional 364 avg Damage per Hit, not counting three multiplicative Gem bonuses.

Your gems are also all below max level, and don't have Quality. While each individual Gem won't be a very big difference, the fact you're down a total of 18 levels and 92% Quality does add up to a fair bunch of Damage.

I understand that but it'll make the difference between dealing half and double damage? I find that hard to believe.

But understand I come from a heavy Incinerate background. Right now I can deal 38k with LMP or 45k with GMP, counting all projectiles hitting, at stage four, and everything but charges up. A single level will add roughly 1k DPS from any single gem, and they're all level 18. So I'm looking at a 5k difference with two levels on each gem, not counting quality.

But 10k for a few levels on each gem and quality? That's damn near impossible to believe.
Well, let's see how much you are missing then.
18% Increased Physical Damage
15% Increased Fire Damage (roughly equivalent of 6% Increased Phys)
13% IAS
5% More Damage on MPD, 4% More Damage on Conc, 3% Phys as Fire

No, it's not 10k, but it does all add up to a couple thousand DPS. There's a reason people want 20/20 Gems, or even more than that if they can help it. Gotta get them deeps.
Similarly, Herald of Ash will simply add just over 15% on top of your DPS, which is again easily a few thousand.

The point is, it's not just one single Thing that one can point to and say, "this is why you deal 10k and I reach 15k". It's a massive pile of minutiae that can be min-maxed further and further.
Some dude did ubber with a pair of non-legacy facebreakers for example.

Go check chundra's ubber thread for the build if your interested, was an extremely well put together passive tree.

Peace,

-Boem-

edit : the thread

Going off the fact he downed ubber with a pair of non-legacy's i am sure it can provide you with some insights and tips and tricks to further improve you build.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on Mar 5, 2015, 11:20:58 AM
"
Boem wrote:
Some dude did ubber with a pair of non-legacy facebreakers for example.

Go check chundra's ubber thread for the build if your interested, was an extremely well put together passive tree.

Peace,

-Boem-

edit : the thread

Going off the fact he downed ubber with a pair of non-legacy's i am sure it can provide you with some insights and tips and tricks to further improve you build.

Yeah, the only differences are:

1. I have Abyssus and he has BoR. He has half of the damage.

2. He has a total of 70% combined attack speed in the passive tree.

3. And a whoping 290% increased physical damage before counting strength.

So, as I thought, it was only the skill tree that made a difference.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info