Mapping feels like swimming in a dumpster

Parsing the loot pile should not be the hard part of the game. Getting the good stuff to drop is so rare already, why make there even be a chance that the good stuff blends into the pile of garbage?
Think about it though, if you turn off white items for example, you'll miss all the chrom items and jew items and 5l/6l items, and perhaps high ilevel gear you can sell. It'll be a lot more complicated to implement, cause simply turning off white items is not the answer.
The loot filter has been asked for so many times in this forum. I think if GGG were able to implement such a feature, they'd have done it already.
My summoner guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1765329
My shop thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1748967
There will be economical consequences if a loot filter was to be implemented, furthermore it would affect the party vs solo balance.

It is a difficult problem to solve and they frankly don't have the time given that act 4 is coming.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
this is poe... you cant expect like in D3 where you clear a T6 rift and get multiple ancient legendaries every time... D3 is you kill stuff and you get rewarded... poe is you kill stuff and pick up junk and go trade and if you got lucky and your junks turns out to be someone elses treasure then you might just get rewarded too.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
Last edited by Pewzor on Mar 3, 2015, 11:53:31 PM
Chris said this as an answer to whether GGG has any plans to change loot clutter:

"
Yes.

And I think we see it in action in the latest BotW video:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1210524
Last edited by Jojas on Mar 4, 2015, 12:12:34 AM
"
HasuKishi wrote:
Think about it though, if you turn off white items for example, you'll miss all the chrom items and jew items and 5l/6l items, and perhaps high ilevel gear you can sell. It'll be a lot more complicated to implement, cause simply turning off white items is not the answer.

Any decent loot filter should not give us that problem, and even if i had to choose between having a chance to see 6s or a chrom item with all other trash or to simply hide all white and blue trash , i would chose the second option because its worth it. 5l or 6l drop is something i will never expect to see so i don't really care about it.
"
Jojas wrote:
Chris said this as an answer to whether GGG has any plans to change loot clutter:

"
Yes.

And I think we see it in action in the latest BotW video:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1210524

That crap is already in game and it sux because you will miss 50% of anything thats worth picking up

Yeah it does hide white and blue trash, but everything else is shown for less than a few seconds before it dissapiers. So you still have to hold alt all the time and filter all trash manually if u don't want to miss anything. It works only when loot rules are set to FFA hence its worthless in public parties and when you play some crazy build that clears entire map in a minute like flicker strike so you still have to go back all the time and filter all the trash.

If this loot filter could permanently show items instead of for a few seconds annnnnd if it worked in parties, i would not have any complaints.
Now that sucks, I didn't know that. I thought the loot in the video disappeared so quickly because of a mass pick-up function. :-(
"
Jojas wrote:
Now that sucks, I didn't know that. I thought the loot in the video disappeared so quickly because of a mass pick-up function. :-(

mass pick up wont fly too well in PoE... In diablo I can mass pick up like 30 crossbows... in PoE I can pick up like 5...
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info