Best Self-Found Builds

I often use cyclone, without any specialized weapon node so I can use whatever decent weapon I find on the way. Both 2-handed and 1handed+shield work fine, but dual-wield can be tricky since you need to be lucky enough to find two weapons.

I've recently used ice shot, which does fine in a 4L. The 'reverse shotgun' effect with pierce is fun and efficient.
I don't understand this thread.

I play self found. Why? Because I like to do thing myself. Learn things myself. Figure shit out on my own. Plan and execute - by myself. And all this time I were thinking that the point of playing self found, is doing it yourself. Not dependent on others. So why ask for a build? Try something.

But, I might be wrong. So I'm going to answer nonetheless.

- Summoner
Easy, safe, not gear dependent at all

- Split Arrow/Tornado Shot ranger
Easy, safe, a little bit gear dependent

- Dual Totems (flame)
Easy, safe, a little bit gear dependent

- Searing Bond
Just stupidly easy pre level 70. A bit dull after. Safe. Not gear dependent at all.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Most builds that don't require very specific uniques or BiS rares to work qualify here.

I play mostly selffound (I can count the trades I've made across some 1700 hours on 2 hands and still have fingers to spare), with the caveat that I do twink gear between chars (anything else would be ridiculous).

Top of my list would look something like this:

1. Arc/summoner - both are reasonably gear independent. Excellent choices for league start.
2. Static strike templar - can be done with what you get (especially if you get a little luck on drops), and is very fun to play.
3. TS ranger/Sword and Board marauder - this is down here because getting a good bow/sword can be daunting, if your craf... er, lotto goes awry. Can be played SF, but be prepared to farm alts until your brain melts.
"Imagining GGG as a cranky hormonal pregnant woman suddenly explains a lot." - CliveHowlitzer
HP SRS Summoner as a witch for pure self-found. If you want to move over some gems and want to do rest self-found/gear self-found then i'd suggest HP SRS Scion version.
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
No idea how prolif Flameblast is after the recent nerf, but in Ambush I got to Lv82 without trading and still had my Lv37 blue ammy and a +1 gem wand I crafted with the recipe

You make my ochinchin go doki doki.

You want something that's as much gear and gem independent as possible.

Flameblast definitely fits this theme. It can last you from the time you get the gem to the very endgame. It's THAT powerful
I don't know about best but Searing Bond is definitely easiest. Can craft a +1 scepter and later get EE to get even more degen. Only need a 2 link in scepter with Searing Bond + Increased Burning Damage.
I need a signature to look legit
Well, all my characers are sf, and it is really hard to say which one is the best.
Every one of them get to level 71-73 maps easily but after that some are lacking either deps or survivability(bad gear).

"best" ones shares one thing: Armour/HP-based(makes gearing really easy because you can take armour from tree and/or use Determination/EC's until your gear is good enough.

few of my best ones:

-AR/HP/EB Arc-Templar
Spoiler
good damage(6L), but starts to get oneshotted in 76+ maps(4,2k HP), can clear 66-75 maps wearing dual-andy's, made it to normal Atziri(with dual-andy's), but died like a noob to the FB.. :D

-AR/grace/PoE/HP summoner(zomzom's+spectres+SRS)
Spoiler
can clear all maps(not Jungle Valley), run high level maps with high IIQ, only BM has to be re-rolled(no regen/extra as lightning are slow, but doable).
Uses only Sidhebreath(i have Saffel's on swap for Crema/Shrine/Palace), other gear are rare(no 6L either), loses a ton of zombies, but hardly ever dies/loses spectres.
With current tree cannot gets past Atziri trio(i have some ideas, but is it really worth doing and use Regrets every time?)

All the rest SC characters can do 73 maps without dying, but they all are lacking(waiting) for better weapons and/or 20/20 gems.
And on HC leagues i have not yet done higher than 71 map, so can't tell you about those.. yet.

Overall, casters and summoners are easier to level, just keep your gems leveled.
d:-D*
2H RT maruader with the aoe melee skill of your choice.
2SWT Templar. Leveled to 80 without any trading. No artifacts needed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info