Best Self-Found Builds

been using a cyclone duelist since domination, others include an ice spear crit witch, summoner, tornado shot character.

Also had the gear floating about for a facebreaker marauder using herald of ash and ele prolif
And trying my had with the kinetic blast wander.

cyclone duelist

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAAdwB5wUtDjwS4RQgFE0UcRXsFm8YkRo-G8gb-iFVJd8nICkuLPswdzWSNug4GzpSPC09_EMxRmlKyEz_U7tVqVcNWGNYr1nzWf5eE18_YEthIWRSZp5o8moBbpduqnKpdO14DXrvfLh82X31ggeE2YTvhymHaooijM-QbJHOl7SZK5_LogCkGacwqSepbqmUrKqvbLXytiy5HbvtvJ-9gb6Kv9XAGsGjxPbG2MqQ2L3ZfOJh42rqGO8O8B_xrPIv8pz2SPcy97746_rS_Es=

Spoiler
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Don't take the advice of people who trade. They don't understand the restrictions that self-found implies. They actually define their game differently than a self-found player should.
You want to combine:

I. Gear independent offense

Summoners come first here, followed by spells, with attacks coming last.

II. Gear independent defense

Summons and totems for distraction, Grace, Purities, Acro, Endurance charges. Block with shield defences is also good because you only really need 1 item with defensive stats. CI is to be generally avoided unless you have some starter gear in your stash.

You also probably want to be able to equip some rarity gear, at least in the beginning.

I would rank life-based summoner as #1, followed by BM (Flame) totems, followed by SRS and ranged builds with Ondar's/Acro.

"
Zed_ wrote:
You want to combine:

I. Gear independent offense

Summoners come first here, followed by spells, with attacks coming last.

II. Gear independent defense

Summons and totems for distraction, Grace, Purities, Acro, Endurance charges. Block with shield defences is also good because you only really need 1 item with defensive stats. CI is to be generally avoided unless you have some starter gear in your stash.

You also probably want to be able to equip some rarity gear, at least in the beginning.

I would rank life-based summoner as #1, followed by BM (Flame) totems, followed by SRS and ranged builds with Ondar's/Acro.

So you want to force people to go boring summoner and totem, awesome. How about letting people play with what they want?
Just to beat game? make a couple +1 wands one fire one lightning and fire trap + arc all the way to merc dom.

learn these recipes whatever you choose - at least for some movespeed boots
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Vendor_recipe#Equipment

Arc is the best self found lvling because it auto targets all pots and barrels too for extra loot which is important sf.

Fire Trap dot burns while arcing and save mana. Great for chests.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Mar 3, 2015, 9:15:40 AM
I always start with arc witch new league. I don't trade outside,(I have but very rarely, and not for a while) but I do use what I have found on one build, in order to start new builds, so I am not a purest self found.
"
So you want to force people to go boring summoner and totem, awesome. How about letting people play with what they want?

How do I force people to do anything by providing pros and cons? The op asked for effective self found builds, I gave my opinion.

By the way, I personally find summoner much more enjoyable than most builds that are generally 1-button. How about you don't try to shove your opinion about what's boring down other people's throats?

"
Zed_ wrote:
"

How do I force people to do anything by providing pros and cons? The op asked for effective self found builds, I gave my opinion.

By the way, I personally find summoner much more enjoyable than most builds that are generally 1-button. How about you don't try to shove your opinion about what's boring down other people's throats?

Where did i say summoner isnt enjoyable? Projecting much? And besides, players choice is what causes this 1 button skill build thing, not GGG. I never had a single attack build.
A good cleaver is always the solution to selffound melee

try getting vaal cyclone too
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
"
"
Zed_ wrote:
"

Where did i say summoner isnt enjoyable? Projecting much? And besides, players choice is what causes this 1 button skill build thing, not GGG. I never had a single attack build.

How is something "boring" and "enjoyable" at the same time?

Sorry for the off-topic post.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info