Micro Transactions

Hello all,
Not sure if this was ever brought up but the Micro Tran's seem WAYYY to over priced. I understand GGG needs to make money but $30+ for an armor set seems CRAZY!! $30 for a flaming skull head is crazy.

If You drop the prices by at least 50% you would make more money. Gauging your player base is not a good business model

Now i know the argument that you dont have to buy any thing because its a F2P game, BUT some of the items they have for sale are really cool. But cool doesn't justify an over priced item. I would gladly spend $50 if i could get more then just armor set.
The Micro Transactions are constantly on sale rotation, so if the prices are too high for you just wait until the item you want is on sale. There was actually a 50% off everything sale recently, but I do not know how common that is.

I know it is not the ideal solution for those who can not afford full price, but if you are patient and wait for your item to go on sale you can save a little money :)
I waited 8 months for my elite armor set.

Patience is a virtue.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Also in case you have not seen them, the Apprentice supporter pack contains an armour set but you also get 400 points for your $50.

If you like the look of that set, then it is good value compared to the other armour sets.
"
spawn10459 wrote:
cool doesn't justify an over priced item

tell it to my CLK320 AMG...... Stuff is worth whatever people are willing to pay for it, and people are paying for the MTX's you mentioned. Yes, a lot of people feel they are overpriced but at the end of the day only GGG know how much they are selling and their decision to keep the prices as they are should tell you something.
mtx2win
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
I brought up whether or not GGG was happy with their current pricing models on the recent Q and A and they said they were. Obviously they have done the math and decided that current pricing is more profitable than lots of cheaper stuff.

The argument is if they flood the shop with lots of cheap stuff they lose their value in terms of originality or rarity. That and the poors will never buy anything anyway so why bother bringing yourself down to their level? Answer is you don't. You go after the whales and keep them happy - they keep the lights on.
I bet if you look at profits from when they run 50% off every thing vs a normal day, i would put a ton of money on they make more money during the 50% off day.
But if the item was always at the sale price level - then you wouldnt. This is simple stuff.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info