Corrupting blood bullshit

Level 68 ball lightning shadow in bloodlines.

Killed map boss within a medium size pack of stuff, boss dies, my screen is clear and I am at full health (from leech it turns out). Get distracted by shinys on the ground for less than a second, death screen appears and there is the sound of corrupting blood stacks expiring.

I dont actually mind the mechanic, I run staunching flasks. Corrupting blood yellows (as was the case here) are the worst because ball lightning with spell echo hits 10 times a second. Generally if you have decent reactions you can catch it. I do however think it should make the bleeding noise when you have stacks, as with puncture or trigger CWDT because at the moment it is a silent and subtle killer.
Last edited by SPLITSEC0ND on Mar 3, 2015, 5:23:59 PM
Edited: Figured out how to not screw up image posting on above post
Last edited by SPLITSEC0ND on Mar 3, 2015, 5:24:30 PM
"
Millacus wrote:
"
Grughal wrote:

With the recent changes to potions Corrupted Blood is supereasy since potions actually provideimmunity to it for the whole flask effect.

Staunching has always prevented bleed. Freeze, shock and ignite was added with recent changes. Still, yes CB should not be too big of an issue. Extra life rock guys on a vulnerability map, ok that might be bad for the really fast attacking builds if don't notice in time.

no it didn't; it was Warding that prevented further curses for the duration, it was only recently that Staunching was buffed to give immunity to bleeding, and even that needed to be fixed in a further patch because it wasn't actually preventing CB charges from racking up while you were 'immune' (though you were still not taking damage from them).
"
Shppy wrote:
"
Millacus wrote:
"
Grughal wrote:

With the recent changes to potions Corrupted Blood is supereasy since potions actually provideimmunity to it for the whole flask effect.

Staunching has always prevented bleed. Freeze, shock and ignite was added with recent changes. Still, yes CB should not be too big of an issue. Extra life rock guys on a vulnerability map, ok that might be bad for the really fast attacking builds if don't notice in time.

no it didn't; it was Warding that prevented further curses for the duration, it was only recently that Staunching was buffed to give immunity to bleeding, and even that needed to be fixed in a further patch because it wasn't actually preventing CB charges from racking up while you were 'immune' (though you were still not taking damage from them).

This. Bleed only started offering the timed immunity in the same patch that gave it to ele status ailments.
"
Shppy wrote:
"
Millacus wrote:
"
Grughal wrote:

Ya you're right, I don't know why i got the bleed and curse mixed. Sorry about that.

I should have realized that as I was looking into possibly moving staunch off an instant flask to one of my resist flasks because of that change.
Last edited by Millacus on Mar 3, 2015, 7:03:21 PM
I am still curious how a 4 year old player does not know how to deal with bleeding.
I think that, like reflect, CB can easily cause "0.2sec to respond or you're dead" situations, which is bullshit and you guys know it. It doesn't happen all that often, but a certain combination of mods and monster types can conspire to basically create an unavoidable death trap with no prior warning.

Not everybody wants to play perma-surgeon flask, 10-second Immortal Call builds.
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
CB makes a sound? Many play with the sound off, put a visual on it. Won't always help if your fast casting off screen though.
I don't think that corrupting blood or reflect are the real problems. It's more like the rare event when suddenly a deadly opponent sits between all this thrash.
It's all about killspeed, fast farming, 6L-superattacks, offscreen hitting, facerolling... right?

If people would slow down a bit and take care, it wouldn't be that much of a problem.
I also died to this shit, but in most cases, I wasn't paying enough attention or was too slow with flasks or manual evading.
Dynamit,
Architekturkritik, die man tatsächlich sieht!

Farin Urlaub
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2nz5q9
"
If people would slow down a bit and take care, it wouldn't be that much of a problem.

That's no fun.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info