POE Goes Membership SUB ~ Pay to play !

Now that i have your attention.

WOULD YOU PAY for a subscription if the benefits were.

2 Premium stash tabs a month.
20 Skin Transfers.
1 Randomly Awarded (Skin/Hideout) MTX
Supporter Newsletter.

Cost 15$ a month. (Roughly)

If GGG did something like this i wouldnt be able to get my credit card out fast enough.

Thoughts ?

(Just want to clarify that it would be a tottaly OPTIONAL) subscription. With the game still being free to play in the same way it is now.
Last edited by stormyknight on Mar 3, 2015, 11:00:17 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
no
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
TheWretch wrote:
no

Any reasons why ?
Subscriptions would be very damaging to the game like it was to Hellgate London. A lot of players would hate it.
WoW is that way ---->
depends on how they do it, if it's just add a straight up sub that you need to have or not be able to play then nope, that going to piss way to many people off including the ones like myself that support them and their free to play model.

If it was an optional sub that did not effect the game in any way other than to give that tiny wee bonus to subcribers then sure, i don't have a problem with that.

Usualy though the thoughts behind adding a sub or charging for the game is that it usualy filters out the scum and puts more money to the server upkeep both of which wouldn't change regardless of sub/no sub
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on Mar 3, 2015, 6:28:29 AM
I definitely wouldn't with the benefits you've listed.

I'm lazy though. I'd rather have an automatic, monthly payment of $5-15 to GGG because I'm not likely to do it often manually. Just a point pack (the same you'd get with a manual purchase) would be totally fine with me.

I don't want any benefits the non-subscribers don't get, I just don't want to make manual payments.

EDIT: Before anyone says it, I know you can do up to six month payment plans through support. You still need to approve that monthly though, and you have to do a manual purchase first anyway so your credit card is on file. It's not really any less work than manual.
Last edited by Coma_Vision on Mar 3, 2015, 12:22:51 PM
"
Coma_Vision wrote:
I definitely wouldn't with the benefits you've listed.

I'm lazy though. I'd rather have an automatic, monthly payment of $5-15 to GGG because I'm not likely to do it often manually. Just a point pack (the same you'd get with a manual purchase) would be totally fine with me.

I don't want any benefits the non-subscribers don't get, I just don't want to make manual payments.

EDIT: Before anyone says it, I know you can do up to six month payment plans through support. You still need to approve that monthly though, and you have to do a manual purchase first anyway so your credit card is on file. It's not really any less work than manual.

Credit card? You live in the 90s? I use paysafecards for POE stuff. Go into the store, say the amount, pay it, put in the code in the site, done. Nothing on file, totally anonymous and safe.
"

Credit card? You live in the 90s? I use paysafecards for POE stuff. Go into the store, say the amount, pay it, put in the code in the site, done. Nothing on file, totally anonymous and safe.

My dislike of manually paying rather than having a subscriber fee has nothing to do with my concerns over security.
"
Coma_Vision wrote:
"

My dislike of manually paying rather than having a subscriber fee has nothing to do with my concerns over security.

Then you really just dont want to pay, its that simple. Because if you would really want to, doing it manually wouldnt stop you. Its just laziness.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info