Act 4 hype is taking too long

"

Agreed on the point of pointless areas and I am sure those 'dead' areas will be addressed. This expansion is basically GGG's last chance to 'finish' the game in that regard; areas like Catacombs and Dread Thicket feel like beta leftovers right now. I think they're aware of that.

Yeh it was in the QA. I think they are working on it.

I personally think not act 4 being the great update, but all the smaller details and beta leftovers as you said.

I personally see act4 as bonus.
Vorici can shove his fuse up his [removed]
Still I wonder how a full new act can be played 3 times over and the whole leveling process will barely take longer? Or they will strip down current progression with huge proportions, which would imho be a bad thing. Scrapping cruel would make a lot more sense with our way of thinking. I'm very hyped but also very afraid at the same time, if act 4 will be what act 3 was to act 1 and 2, most monsters and zones ... I ... just don't want to think about, I want fun monsters, tons of monsters, not annoying monsters like most of act 3 brought us. Tbh there is only one obligatory cool zone in act 3 for me and that's lunaris 3, and I have this feeling nothing will have a '3' anymore in any zone name... Library and Catacombs are ones I love a lot as well but those are not even mandatory and skipped almost always in normal and cruel because of no/useless rewards. We already don't need side zones anymore, let alone with a new act squeezed in !

So my conclusion is, act 4 will something very different than we are used to, it's the only way it makes sense in my head :p

We can speculate all we want, but we have completely no idea what new things will arrive that will impact not only the leveling but also the endgame. So please stop making stupid assumptions like 'we will still be farming docks for xp'. It's actually a good thing there are some 'easier' or predicatble zones, not everything has to be extremely new and exotic. I just hate it when zones like this are touched with the only conclusion that the players have less fun. Who remembers Fellshrine from closed beta? For me zones like that are the core of an arpg, but for some reason they tend to disappear because pack size/density/monster type gets changed for less fun so we stay away.
Last edited by leto2626 on Mar 2, 2015, 7:19:27 PM
"
Eh, just look at it as one big package.

I can say no more. ^_^

I really hope it is. Can't understand people saying that it will be ok if it's an small update with some changes here and there .... gosh ..

On a side note, I have been out of my hometown for almost a year now and I planned my comeback ( where my poor 12 core computer and 10 real megabyte fiber optics connection are waiting for me ) thinking that at least the hype of Act4 would have started.

I am coming back on the 6th ( 3 days to go ) I would not like to fire up my supercomputer, fire up PoE, finish patching and then realize there is no timer hype on the main menu. I will get really pissed off then.

Are you reading GGG ????

:S
Last edited by chromafunk on Mar 3, 2015, 4:31:53 AM
"
chromafunk wrote:
"
Eh, just look at it as one big package.

I can say no more. ^_^

I really hope it is. Can't understand people saying that it will be ok if it's an small update with some changes here and there .... gosh ..

On a side note, I have been out of my hometown for almost a year now and I planned my comeback ( where my poor 12 core computer and 10 real megabyte fiber optics connection are waiting for me ) thinking that at least the hype of Act4 would have started.

I am coming back on the 6th ( 3 days to go ) I would not like to fire up my supercomputer, fire up PoE, finish patching and then realize there is no timer hype on the main menu. I will get really pissed off then.

Are you reading GGG ????

:S
\

We are like 1 month away from a timer...
GG GGG
"
\

We are like 1 month away from a timer...

If this is true, any kind of hype would help. Skill pre-showcase, some spoiler, ETC.

Thanks

Nope. It's an advertising campaign.

You're going get it in a huge bukkake torrent and you'll liek it.
"
chromafunk wrote:

If this is true, any kind of hype would help. Skill pre-showcase, some spoiler, ETC.

Thanks

Teasing will start in 3 months, act IV will be available in 4 months.
IGN TylordRampage
Last edited by Malone on Mar 3, 2015, 6:53:44 AM
"
Ultimately, I want all difficulties removed from the game. I'd pull up the post where I said so, but it's ancient and not really applicable anymore. Certainly not viable.

But given the choice between streamlining/tightening/modifying acts 1-3 and keeping Cruel, or none of that and losing Cruel, the former is a better choice.

Please for the love of god, I hope they remove cruel. I can play the game twice per character, once with training wheels and once "for real." The 3-4 difficulty level deal is as ancient a design as your post on it. People will enjoy leveling characters more.
Remove the existing acts altogether. Randomly generate infinite acts.

Future of diablo clones.
"
Remove the existing acts altogether. Randomly generate infinite acts.

Future of diablo clones.

Im so glad you dont work for GGG and i hope you never work for a game company because thats a terrible idea.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info