question about player whealth

Realistically they would need to increase the drop rate on items.

Increasing the number of pure exalted orbs drops would just increase the cost of items across the board. Simple supply and demand. Demand would be the same, if not much higher, on top tier items if everyone was suddenly wealthier.

However, if you increased the drop rates on the rarest uniques, if you made T1 rolls more common, those items would start to increase the supply compared to the demand ratio, thereby reducing the asking price on the items.
"
geradon wrote:

you can still be the first trying to defend the fact that trading moves all currency to the top 5% of players.

Let me defend it - RL works the same way so it seems legit!
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
I don't know much about standard league, but if you are unable to make a shitload of exalts in torment league you are simply not playing efficiently (or it is simply not your goal).

seriously... 440 alterations = 1 ex.
There are so many ways to make currency in an efficient way, but judging from these forums half of the players are completely clueless on the basics of this game. Its impressive really -.-
"
Frankenberry wrote:
I don't know much about standard league, but if you are unable to make a shitload of exalts in torment league you are simply not playing efficiently (or it is simply not your goal).

seriously... 440 alterations = 1 ex.
There are so many ways to make currency in an efficient way, but judging from these forums half of the players are completely clueless on the basics of this game. Its impressive really -.-

... ex prices are that high in torment? It's like 320, tops, in Standard (that's literally the highest _asking_ price. If you're the one selling, I feel like people manage to hit 280 or lower?)
Last edited by codetaku on Mar 2, 2015, 5:36:31 PM
"
Frankenberry wrote:

an average gamer finds 1-2 exalts in torment, it's not possible for everyone to get 10+ exalts by trading.
same goes to eternals or divines. i found zero eternals and 4 divines playing two chars to 85.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
geradon wrote:
"
Frankenberry wrote:

an average gamer finds 1-2 exalts in torment, it's not possible for everyone to get 10+ exalts by trading.
same goes to eternals or divines. i found zero eternals and 4 divines playing two chars to 85.

It doesn't matter how much raw currency you find, or how many awesome uniques you find. Just by farming alts and trading up through elreon/vorici, you can make an exalt every 2 days, easily. It doesn't matter how shit your luck is, "10+ exalts" is just plain not hard to do across the first half of a single league if you put time into it. For an alpha member, I'm really surprised you don't understand that much.

Also, can you fix the spelling of wealth in, like, everywhere you write it? It's making me increasingly want to stab babies.
Last edited by codetaku on Mar 2, 2015, 10:51:42 PM
"
geradon wrote:

i meant casual in terms of "time spent". what disturbs me is that, thanks to trading, most of the top end currency concentrates in the hands of some players.

i would like it to be more evenly distributed but don't know how without destroying the game.

i would like the system to be able to drop 10-20 exalts per casual (3-5h/day) player when they level up a char to 85 instead of 1-2 and a eternal every 50 hours spent ingame. i don't want to have a bad feeling when i yolo exalt a item, i want it to be like in closed beta where one would have a steady supply of exalts and divines through races.

as it is currently this additional currency would just get traded to the nolifing top rich guys who have all the fun mass crafting endgame gear, master crafting isn't really a replacement for that.

What you seem to be ignoring, is that if casual is able to get 10-20 exalts, a hardcore player will get 200+. It doesn't change anything for casual player. You still won't be able to get top-end items, because now they will cost 1000+ exalts.

You can't "distribute equally" without making artificial and punishing to players who spend a lot more time in-game. You spend more time on something = you get more/get better at it. You can'r expect to be casual and to get hardcore results. Because if you do, hardcore doesn't exist anymore. :)

Spoiler
You got an eternal. I have 2000+ hours, and I'm yet to see it dropping.

"

Yes, it is not. Keyword here is EVERYONE. Not everyone is able to trade for 10+ exalts.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on Mar 3, 2015, 1:50:30 AM
"

It doesn't matter how much raw currency you find, or how many awesome uniques you find. Just by farming alts and trading up through elreon/vorici, you can make an exalt every 2 days, easily.

last time i looked neither elreon nor vorici were selling pure exalts.

"

It doesn't matter how shit your luck is, "10+ exalts" is just plain not hard to do across the first half of a single league if you put time into it.

it's not possible for everyone. that was my original point: and trading leads to a concentration of high end currency in the hands of a few.

for every buyer of an exalt there needs to be a guy selling one. and this guy most likely needs to find it ingame before.
for every player selling a unique there needs to be a guy buying it. you don't need access to the alpha realm to understand that.

"

Also, can you fix the spelling of wealth in, like, everywhere you write it?

thx for pointing me to it. got that wrong, somehow.

edit: please let that thread die, the topic is not popular and i don't have further time to discuss it.
Spoiler
and i have no other solution for the problem other than introducing some form of item degradation.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Mar 3, 2015, 3:20:04 AM
"
geradon wrote:

for every buyer of an exalt there needs to be a guy selling one. and this guy most likely needs to find it ingame before.
for every player selling a unique there needs to be a guy buying it. you don't need access to the alpha realm to understand that.

"

Also, can you fix the spelling of wealth in, like, everywhere you write it?

thx for pointing me to it. got that wrong, somehow.

edit: please let that thread die, the topic is not popular and i don't have further time to discuss it.
Spoiler
and i have no other solution for the problem other than introducing some form of item degradation.

You are ignoring the fact, that 99% of people does not need exalts in their stashes. They need gear, gems and other crap. So what will they do? They will sell their exalts for gear and gems (also chisels, chromes, fusings, jewellers) farmed by people who have more time. This is how people make their exalts. Here is some proof of that:
Spoiler

Yes, I'm what most can call a casual player. I made all this in like ~2 months

There is no solution needed. Because there is no problem with it. You just don't like the way it is.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
wtb a backpack attachment, in all seriousness the game would be improved immeasurably if 1x1 items such as gems and currency got their own inventory space separate from the rest.

i can deal with having an archaic inventory system, but this is diablo 1 bad, remember in that game gold took inventory space? no one liked that either.

Would be nice to have like little pouches , for gems and for maps where you can store a bunch of them .

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info