question about player whealth

just asking ggg, what's the median whealth of players when it comes to mirrors, eternals and exalts.

and if it is zero (my strong guess), what is wrong with whealth distribution and distribution mechanics (trading)?

Spoiler
median: you sort all players according to the amount of specific orbs they possess and take the guy in the middle. it's different to the average whealth.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
This becomes a faulty calculation method in many cases, as many lower wealth players, like myself, have alot more wealth in items than in pure currency. If I were to sell my items I would have multiple the amount I have in pure orbs.
"
8r0n70 wrote:
This becomes a faulty calculation method in many cases, as many lower wealth players, like myself, have alot more wealth in items than in pure currency. If I were to sell my items I would have multiple the amount I have in pure orbs.

good point, surely items should count in as well.

ggg, please add the amount of t1 uniques of the median player.
Last edited by vio on Mar 2, 2015, 7:20:36 AM
"
geradon wrote:

and if it is zero (my strong guess), what is wrong with whealth distribution and distribution mechanics (trading)?

Who is your idol, and why Joseph Stalin?
Why would even median of mirrors owned by players being 0, be "wrong"? Or even Exalts? Many people don't even play long enough to get 10 chaos. Your theory is flawed, to say the least. And question you are asking assumes that there is something wrong with "whealth distribution and distribution mechanics (trading)".
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
"
Perq wrote:
"
geradon wrote:

Who is your idol, and why Joseph Stalin?
Why would even median of mirrors owned by players being 0, be "wrong"? Or even Exalts? Many people don't even play long enough to get 10 chaos. Your theory is flawed, to say the least. And question you are asking assumes that there is something wrong with "whealth distribution and distribution mechanics (trading)".

how would you improve the game to make it more enjoyable for casual players?
btw: which theory? i just asked about whealth distribution.

you can still be the first trying to defend the fact that trading moves all currency to the top 5% of players.
"
geradon wrote:

how would you improve the game to make it more enjoyable for casual players?

Casual in terms of a) time spent on the game, or in terms of b) game knowledge?
If a):
GGG already have done that - you have masters, which grant you: free map (Zana), good currency exchange rates (other masters), easy crafting for progression gear. I honestly have no idea how you can make it any easier :P
You can play 2 hours a day, and get yourself a nice top-tier, end-game item on Standard in about month or so (by just farming alts -> jewllers -> fusings). Yes, it is long, but you can't expect to play casual and get top-end gear raining on you.

b):
In-game wiki, in-game trade (acquisition/procurement + poe.trade), maybe few pop-ups to read the wiki for the info on the game. That kind of stuff.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
"
Perq wrote:

If a):
GGG already have done that - you have masters, which grant you: free map (Zana), good currency exchange rates (other masters), easy crafting for progression gear. I honestly have no idea how you can make it any easier :P
You can play 2 hours a day, and get yourself a nice top-tier, end-game item on Standard in about month or so.

i meant casual in terms of "time spent". what disturbs me is that, thanks to trading, most of the top end currency concentrates in the hands of some players.

i would like it to be more evenly distributed but don't know how without destroying the game.

i would like the system to be able to drop 10-20 exalts per casual (3-5h/day) player when they level up a char to 85 instead of 1-2 and a eternal every 50 hours spent ingame. i don't want to have a bad feeling when i yolo exalt a item, i want it to be like in closed beta where one would have a steady supply of exalts and divines through races.

as it is currently this additional currency would just get traded to the nolifing top rich guys who have all the fun mass crafting endgame gear, master crafting isn't really a replacement for that.
that increased orb drop rate would have to go hand in hand with less rare item drops of course.

i would like the game to force players through the crafting process throughout the whole game instead of burying them under piles and piles of rares after some time.

charan mentioned it in another thread, when ggg continues the way of loot explosions like they did with ghosts in torment, they sooner or later will need to increase the inventory size.
Last edited by vio on Mar 2, 2015, 8:58:22 AM
wtb a backpack attachment, in all seriousness the game would be improved immeasurably if 1x1 items such as gems and currency got their own inventory space separate from the rest.

i can deal with having an archaic inventory system, but this is diablo 1 bad, remember in that game gold took inventory space? no one liked that either.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info