What is this thing? (Graphic effect in the arena)

Yesterday i spotted this in Sarn Arena Standard:

I'm referring to the skulls on the sticks with the green aura around. Those things were all over the place, but i've never seen them before.
Those arent skulls...its just some random glowy plants.

but green
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731
from devouring totem I believe.
"
Xaxarius wrote:

This devouring totem? It Looks different...
"
Martox29A wrote:
"
Xaxarius wrote:

This devouring totem? It Looks different...

yes....look at the totem in that vid and you see the mushroom things around it.

I'm pretty sure if you leave the screen and come back, the totem is gone and the mushroom thingies remain.

I use devouring totem, personally. Let me go play and check. I probably can't do screenshots, but I will confirm.
Sometimes when you recast your totems or weapon switch and lose your totems that way the totem itself disappears but the totem's effect stays. I see it all the time with decoy and flame.
When I kill a man he stays dead.
"
mucker wrote:
Sometimes when you recast your totems or weapon switch and lose your totems that way the totem itself disappears but the totem's effect stays. I see it all the time with decoy and flame.

ok I just tested my devouring totem and I'm like 95% convinced that's what the OP had in the pic

I got mine to procc, then left the screen and everything was gone though when I got back

then I did it again and watched the totem expire, and the mushroom thingies also expired with it.

So I guess the question is, why do sometimes they stick around and sometimes they don't?

Because I've noticed the same thing as the op before, I was like, wtf are those things

Then I realized they're from my totem
Tnx guys, my curiosity is satisfied.:D
"
Martox29A wrote:
Tnx guys, my curiosity is satisfied.:D

What if the next post revealed to you the secret exalted orb recipe??
Would you still say that?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info