Physical Life Leech and Vaal Pact question

I have 4k life, 6% physical life leech, a dual wielder with min 964 phys damage on main hand and 926 on off hand per attack. I do 6.5 attack per second. Which one of these calculations on life leech is correct?

1. A minimum of 6% x (964+926) = 113.4 life leech per second, to be reapplied for each attack; or

2. Because 113.4 is way under the 0.2xHP limit of life leech, it will be applied instantly for each attack, so that I would make 679.2 life leech per second.

I tested this setup with Vaal Pact (Life Leech applied instantly at 40% effectiveness) and my survivability is actually lower than when I use the normal leech. I am confused. Because as I understand it, if calculation #1 is really the case, with Vaal Pact I should make at minimum 294.84 (0.4 x 113.4 x 6.5) LL per second--thus higher than the normal leech.

Even when Vaal Pact also halts life regen, it should still be more effective than LL in scenario #1. I have 2.8% regen (117 HP/sec). With calculation #1 I should make 230 life per second. Still less than 294 that Vaal Pact should make.

Thanks in advance.
both scenarios are wrong, the way it works is you do your attack, which hits for 1890, which leeches 113.4 life at 800 life per second.

The way leech works is, only the source that refills your life the fastest is actually being applied at any time, the other leeches still run out, but they aren't applied until the sources that leech faster are done. Life always leeches at a rate of 20% of your life though, so it doesn't really matter which one is going.

It comes down to you have a pool of 113.4 life that is being leeched at 800 life per second, and each attack refills that pool. Since you do 6.5 attacks per second and 113.4 is less that 123 your getting 113.4 life per attack because the pool runs out before your next attack, this basically means that vaal pact will loose your total life leeched.
Aaah... so now I understand. With 4k HP, LL will always occur at 800 HP/s. Thus, 113.4 LL will be complete in 0.14 sec. While my attacks occur every 0.15 sec. This basically means that my LL will expire right on time for the next LL to proc. (I have RT, so 100% of my attacks hit.)

Thanks. The wiki only uses examples with LL>(0.2 x HP). This clarifies the mechanic for me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info