Is it worth chaosing rares?

Is it worth it to use chaos Orbs on high item-level rare weapons in hopes for good stats? Or another questions might be... Can you get end-game (ex. 160% Phys, +20-54 Phys) stats on a rare weapon with chaos orbs within 180 chaos orbs?
No, it's never worth chaosing rares. You could buy your ideal weapon for less than a third of that cost and your numbers are being optimistic about your RNG.
Last edited by Hemmingfish on Mar 1, 2015, 5:12:10 AM
I guess it isn't even worth doing it for fun :/
You definitely cannot get that within 180 chaos unless you've got Chris Wilson's balls in your mouth.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Chaosing evasion and armor based chest pieces can result in some pretty good rolls without using so many orbs in my experience.

Example :

Note that the lightning res was eternaled on later.
Kitty's Guide On Post Formatting - view-thread/1913874
I crafted this shield on 1 alch

Not bad for an alch, same results could come with a chaos
What makes ev and ar body armor special is that they only have 13 different mods available, 8-9 of them are "useful" ones. So the chance of getting a decent piece is better than any other items in the game.
(Taking Haku's crafts into consideration)
Kitty's Guide On Post Formatting - view-thread/1913874
"
Hemmingfish wrote:
No, it's never worth chaosing rares. You could buy your ideal weapon for less than a third of that cost and your numbers are being optimistic about your RNG.

in a league which is flooded with gg shit this might be true
every templeague players spam chaos orbs on items to get upgrades so saying its not worth it is bullshit

you can say average 15-20 chaos rolls for a 300 es shield which would be the same as the market value ( problem is there wont be many shields for sale)
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
Last edited by ventiman on Mar 1, 2015, 9:17:42 AM
I will roll my item when I am playing HC temp leagues, and when I selffound.

In market FXXXed leagues like Standard, reroll << buy it from the market, and thats why in those leagues chaos are flooded with little value while ppl prefer stocking ex/eternal.
"
chromafunk wrote:
I crafted this shield on 1 alch

Not bad for an alch, same results could come with a chaos

That doesnt answer OP question. And right answer is no, definately no.

That's the same with people telling "hey, I got 6L with 1 fuse, don't use vorici recipe".
IGN TylordRampage

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info