A couple minor QoL requests

1. Zoom out a bit more. I play lots of games besides PoE as well as PoE, and this game is the only one that gives me a feeling that I know more about my character's toenails than I do the surrounding area. It's just zoomed in too much, even when you zoom out as far as you can. It almost feels like the game would be better served as an over-the-shoulder 3rd person ARPG, but nobody really wants that. It doesn't need to zoom out too much either--probably 20-25% more or so.

2. Option to scale the UI elements, such as abilities and potions bar. They just take up too much screen space, even on a moderate resolution (1440 x 900). This should be an easy thing to address, and would make the game a lot cleaner for UI minimalists, or people who simply dislike clutter.

3. Have extra tabs in the stash numbered above the existing ones. There's room for about 3 rows like this, and would make it easy to click on the first 30 pages or so before needing to use the drop-down arrow. We don't really need the "Stash" label to be so huge and taking up space that tabs could be occupying. Something like this, but across the entire width of the stash window.

That's all for now. These are obviously not "make or break" issues, but they should be easy enough to implement that it wouldn't detract much dev time away from current projects. Someone familiar with the game code could probably do all 3 of these in under an hour.
Last edited by AlbinosaurusRex on Mar 1, 2015, 2:23:37 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
1. Zoom out a bit more. I play lots of games besides PoE as well as PoE, and this game is the only one that gives me a feeling that I know more about my character's toenails than I do the surrounding area. It's just zoomed in too much, even when you zoom out as far as you can. It almost feels like the game would be better served as an over-the-shoulder 3rd person ARPG, but nobody really wants that. It doesn't need to zoom out too much either--probably 20-25% more or so.

2. Option to scale the UI elements, such as abilities and potions bar. They just take up too much screen space, even on a moderate resolution (1440 x 900). This should be an easy thing to address, and would make the game a lot cleaner for UI minimalists, or people who simply dislike clutter.

3. Have extra tabs in the stash numbered above the existing ones. There's room for about 3 rows like this, and would make it easy to click on the first 30 pages or so before needing to use the drop-down arrow. We don't really need the "Stash" label to be so huge and taking up space that tabs could be occupying. Something like this, but across the entire width of the stash window.

That's all for now. These are obviously not "make or break" issues, but they should be easy enough to implement that it wouldn't detract much dev time away from current projects. Someone familiar with the game code could probably do all 3 of these in under an hour.

Vau, suggestion number 3 would be awesome....great idea
Yep, #3 is solid.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
"

Depends on the code. I get the impression that something like this would take GGG weeks/months. I mean, the MTX stash can't even put stuff on a less full page on it's own... A little thing, but something that should be easy enough to fix, yet has persisted for years.
No. Calm down. Learn to enjoy losing.
"

from the recent Q&A

"
When are we getting extra zoom levels?

The art and engine aren't designed for zoom levels other than our current ones.
Wow. The engine can't zoom more? Wtf is this monkey shit? Every day I agree more and more with McScrotie about wanting PoE2 with a real engine...
Not sure how you think they shouldn't be "self-centered" since they are about the UI, but #2 shouldn't be that difficult. I find it funny that they have an option to zoom in to a degree, but that they can't just use inverted ratios to zoom out. Seems like it would be a rather simple procedure.

Either way, I'd be happy to see #3 happen. It would make organizing the stash a fair bit easier and more comfortable to interact with.
"

"
Chris wrote:
When are we getting extra zoom levels?

The art and engine aren't designed for zoom levels other than our current ones.

"

"
Chris wrote:
Will you make the UI more customizable? For example, being able to move where debuffs are shown on the screen.

It's not really designed for that. Traditionally MMORPGs allow user interface customisation and Action RPGs don't.

Source: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1207788

By the way, are you sure you play in 1440x900? I play with that resolution and I'm fine with it.
#3 make it happen Chris pls
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
The most annoying thing about the camera is that you see too far way in one direction, and not far enough in the other. The difference is way too big.

I remember a super hard race (BLAMT? I don't remember) I did a long time ago, where I couldn't progress because map generation RNG decided to make Kuduku appear to the south of me, and I couldn't know if I was hitting it or not, and couldn't get close because I was too low hp.
http://slysherz.blogspot.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info