what it is to be

"
Alternalo wrote:

Yes using a 3rd party program and website is the way to go in 2015!

Definitely better than spamming trade chat for hours :)
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Am I the only one who doesn't see the big problem? Sure, the system is a bit outdated and you have to check many useless items with wisdom scrolls. But in the end it's just RNG.

I find the filler affixes that don't have high level appropriate values way more annoying, like life regen and thorns damage. Why can't a lvl 78 life regen affix be worth at least 1 passive point (0.4%) to create at least some level of (still inefficient) trade-off?

"
Xavderion wrote:
"
Alternalo wrote:

Yes using a 3rd party program and website is the way to go in 2015!

Definitely better than spamming trade chat for hours :)

How 'bout implementing a market ingame? Are the devs and the community really THAT unpretending?

Just think about it: you don't want to be able to selffound because you think actually playing the game shouldn't be rewarding, but using a 3rd party trade program and website is the way to go over rethinking the ingame one or implementing the 3rd party solution into the game. And the sad part you really mean it.
"I'm programmed to say something that is kind and uplifting at this point, but there is apparently an error that is working in my favor."
"
"
geradon wrote:
please stop trying to optimize this game for playing it self found. it isn't.

Shit drop rate is shit. It has nothing to do with self found and everything with feeling rewarded for killing tough mobs.

rare drop rate is much too high, playing in torment is like running to town after every ghost you met (if you're not insta killing it for the challenges).

i don't understand players demanding even faster upgrades for their gear cause most players already stopped playing after 1-2 months in temp leagues.

my guess is it's because they fully geared their char and reached level 88 which is basically the end for most because you don't get reasonable xp after that.

some simply forget that thanks to masters it's enough to get a decent rare with 3 good mods and some missing affix to master craft the rest for playing until level 88.

and i'm not convinced that shifting most good drops to killing bosses and rares is the solution. sure, players are used to boss runs from older games but i find them rather boring.

my understanding of the motivation of players demanding more quality drops is not that they want upgrades for them but rather getting rich by trading them, forgetting that trading also needs demand for these items. which doesn't exist if all players get more valuable drops.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
Icholas wrote:
"
Are there actually players who would drop those gloves in an end game zone and not feel cheated?

Me. You win some you lose some, I'm fine with that. It's all vendor currency in the end (cept the wins obv).

"some" in this case, standing for "once the planets allign, and if the rare you dropped is indeed a high level base item but only if 3 out of 6 affixes are high tier and not light radius or regeneration, or thorns and shit."

Look at this, level apropriate (ilvl 40 something) affixes, base item and just one trash roll.
Also, the only one i ever got and it happened on some twink. Course that will never ever happen again, i drew my lottery ticket and it was in a low level area. Tough luck.

Also a testimony to how awful the RNG is.

Or another example how a decent item is completely ruined by the lack of a mod. The gloves dropped yesterday, the chest dropped today. Shit like this is even more aggrevating than terrible rares, because those would be very decent but both lack a mod, in both cases the process to get that mod on them is completely not worth the currency. Its like getting 5 of 6 numbers right in a lottery, but instead of getting some of the money, the ticket incinerates.

Thats what this RNG does.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info