what it is to be

"
Veracocha wrote:
Remove garbage like Thorns or Light radius and replace it with something more meaningful.

Yes, like greater chance of finding flasks and keys for chests.
"
Are there actually players who would drop those gloves in an end game zone and not feel cheated?

Me. You win some you lose some, I'm fine with that. It's all vendor currency in the end (cept the wins obv).
We tested it extensively
"
Boem wrote:
"
"
morbo wrote:
Read the latest Q&A. This "everything goes" looting system aint gonna change. It's easy to create (just shove in more RNG) and to maintain. As GGG is concerned, trading / economy provides all the functionality that looting fails to.

The Q and A is not all inclusive. I know things that aren't in there, for example.

This is what I'm implicitly asking. Should I make this my next crusade? Current is infinite minion spawn by bosses, with some Elehit Equilibrium thrown in.

Those gloves would not exist in any other ARPG. They would not exist in any other RPG I know of. Even Dungeons and Dragons has always had difficulty appropriate loot. If you kill a venerable dragon, you're not going to find a scroll of light.

I genuinely want to believe this will be addressed in an overall reduction of loot drop spam. Quality over quantity, GGG. You guys should appreciate that one.

We need crap, because we need alteration orbs.

Imagine only "appropriate" items drop, now you have a bad player experience in relation to gaining alteration orbs, since you have to sell potentially good/semi good items just to get a basic currency.

The system works because even a crap drop like that is basically a 1/3th alteration orb, which holds value for all layers of players. And a drop can only increase in potential worth compared to that 1/3th alteration orb.

I would pose your lack of end-game (mapping/crafting) makes you say the things you say without understanding the implications of what you are requesting.

But that's just me, i could be wrong.

Peace,

-Boem-

If the drop rate didn't change , all this would do is raise the bar on what is considered crap. The system "works" because people accept it as is.

Funny thing is , I brought this up the first week or two when I started playing and got ripped to shreds on these forums.
Sorry but i have to quote myself from another thread, i basically come up with a solution to this problem, that make it much easier to get good enough gear but still make it hard to find beast rolled items.

"
So IMO it would greatly increase the SF viability if the devs could reduce the crap roll factor on items somehow in higher difficulties. I am NOT asking for top tier rolls on everything, but i don't wanna see 1-2 added damages on a lvl70 sword, nor ruining a decent chest with a +10 extra hp roll when i know it would be possible to get 90 like something.
My actual solution for this problem would be making all items roll for the available maximum (T1) minus 3 tiers stats at minimum, so there would be a minimum of T3 rolls for every item with a lesser possibility of T2 stats and even less for T1. This would make a more steady gear progression, along with a better SF experience while keeping the excitement and value of getting T1 rolls.

While my solution seems simplistic to the current itemisation at first sight, you do realize that there is a factor of which base item will drop (preferred type, preferred base level, number of stats, type of stats), it would still be difficult to find VERY good items.
"I'm programmed to say something that is kind and uplifting at this point, but there is apparently an error that is working in my favor."
"
Xtorma wrote:
"
Boem wrote:
"

The Q and A is not all inclusive. I know things that aren't in there, for example.

This is what I'm implicitly asking. Should I make this my next crusade? Current is infinite minion spawn by bosses, with some Elehit Equilibrium thrown in.

Those gloves would not exist in any other ARPG. They would not exist in any other RPG I know of. Even Dungeons and Dragons has always had difficulty appropriate loot. If you kill a venerable dragon, you're not going to find a scroll of light.

I genuinely want to believe this will be addressed in an overall reduction of loot drop spam. Quality over quantity, GGG. You guys should appreciate that one.

We need crap, because we need alteration orbs.

Imagine only "appropriate" items drop, now you have a bad player experience in relation to gaining alteration orbs, since you have to sell potentially good/semi good items just to get a basic currency.

The system works because even a crap drop like that is basically a 1/3th alteration orb, which holds value for all layers of players. And a drop can only increase in potential worth compared to that 1/3th alteration orb.

I would pose your lack of end-game (mapping/crafting) makes you say the things you say without understanding the implications of what you are requesting.

But that's just me, i could be wrong.

Peace,

-Boem-

If the drop rate didn't change , all this would do is raise the bar on what is considered crap. The system "works" because people accept it as is.

Funny thing is , I brought this up the first week or two when I started playing and got ripped to shreds on these forums.

Correction: You got ripped by people who felt that way at that time, that might not be the case anymore. Or those people dont go to the forum anymore and therefore cant go against this now.

Anyways, if i get a few white and blue items from a rare with some strong mods i dont feel rewarded and less inclined to fight tough mobs. In fact, i skip mobs and even rare items because i know its for nothing.
please stop trying to optimize this game for playing it self found. it isn't.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
geradon wrote:

Shit drop rate is shit. It has nothing to do with self found and everything with feeling rewarded for killing tough mobs. What good are rare mobs when i skip them all because they are too hard to kill and the reward sucks?

I rather farm XP and find some items to vendor that way than kill stuff that takes forever to get down just to see some wisdom scroll and 3 blue items and 2 white items.

I dont play this game for the drop rate and items, i play for the build diversity and im so glad i dont go for the meta builds or i wouldnt be able to play at all.
"
geradon wrote:

And whats good about standing in town for hours spamming the trade channels?
"I'm programmed to say something that is kind and uplifting at this point, but there is apparently an error that is working in my favor."
"
Alternalo wrote:
"
geradon wrote:

>the year of the Führer 126
>not using Procurement and poe.trade

pls
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
Alternalo wrote:
"
geradon wrote:

>the year of the Führer 126
>not using Procurement and poe.trade

pls

Yes using a 3rd party program and website is the way to go in 2015!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info