Probable Nerf of the Docks in the Act 4 Expansion?

These Act 4 threads seem to be carrying a lot of assumed outcomes. There is one thing for certain with Act 4: it will include Act 4 -- everything else is purely theory. That's it...that's all we know for certain in terms of specifics.

If you are the type that gets extremely hyped before Christmas because Christmas will bring all the toys that you want but don't have now; and then don't get that Red Ryder Carbine Action 200-shot Range Model air rifle with a compass in the stock followed by a huge tantrum including statements like "Mommy and Daddy nerfed Santa! --> then you might want to do a better job of managing your expectations. GGG, and any other company for that matter, cannot be held accountable for not meeting the wild dreams of everyone based upon imagined quotes and promises.

Creating hypothesis and educated guesses from the snippets we have is fun. Assuming those creations will happen and even worse, feeling entitled to those creations happening is unhealthy & unreasonable.

If you* are one that poorly manages your own expectations, perhaps this is territory that you* should not delve into.

* You in the broad sense.
Last edited by Nubatron on Mar 1, 2015, 2:44:06 PM
"
Nubatron wrote:
These Act 4 threads seem to be carrying a lot of assumed outcomes. There is one thing for certain with Act 4: it will include Act 4 -- everything else is purely theory. That's it...that's all we know for certain in terms of specifics.

You forgot the new gems and the Warcry Gems overhaul
"
Samkiud wrote:
"
Nubatron wrote:

You forgot the new gems and the Warcry Gems overhaul

Highly likely but you never know fully until something is released. Unexpected bugs sometimes turn into systemic change requirements -- a significant development that may postpone just about anything.
"
I should hire you to translate my shit into English, Therion. Exactly what I meant.

I have special low rates for founders of BLOW. :D
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
I'd be pissed if they touch my favorite zones in act 3, because tbh 90% of that whole act is annoying (layouts and mobs). Always loved Lunaris, never really cared about docks. Solaris 1 will be gone I hope, if there is one waypoint everyone really wants just to skip the pain it's Solaris 2.

Still I'm worried how they will implement a full act with barely touching the levels, they better not make mini-zones everywhere now.
Apart from the gardens/ hedge maze and parts of the sceptre I quite like Act III. They could make Solaris a bit smaller, though.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
"
The Revenant and voidbearers in general put a halt to my docks grinding on a lot of characters. I'd rather do level 66 maps than Docks, honestly.

I think everyone would prefer 66 maps over docks theoretically.

The problem is the rng of doing maps. Before you open a map you really dont know whether you need fire resists, or cold or lightning, are ther chargers or leapers or even devourers...

even though docks give sooo much less xp than a map, the biggest benefit is that you exactly know whats coming and so what to gear for.
Maps with its random monsters is just a much bigger gear-check.

Imho docks is really good atm and very well designed.
The layout is nice and the guaranteed blue packs at each end of a "finger" makes farming really good and strategic.
besides chamber of sins lvl 1 definitely my favorite lvl.. by far.

Hope they really dont change it, because imho it is a good diversity. you still can farm much more effective outside of docks (maps, library, catacombs, lunaris), but with a bigger risk.

"
Mikrotherion wrote:
Apart from the gardens/ hedge maze and parts of the sceptre I quite like Act III. They could make Solaris a bit smaller, though.

I dont like act 3 that much except library, catacombs, docks and lunaris.
Sewers would be ok too if the unique boss wouldnt be THAT OP...
In general I like act 1 and 2 much more
"
azraelb wrote:

Sewers would be ok too if the unique boss wouldnt be THAT OP...
In general I like act 1 and 2 much more

Only reason I go there is 1spec/2respec other than that.... stay away.

I NEVER play solaris. I just pay some random dude in global chat to tp me there.

And they could remove luna 1 for all I care.

I do like sceptre, imo nothing needs to change there. I did 100's of domi runs so I'm quite familiar with the area generation and can run that pretty fast.
Same for luna, can run it almost like I were using a wallhack.

light warp combo:
Spoiler

combo helps too

Vorici can shove his fuse up his [removed]
Last edited by Earthslug on Mar 2, 2015, 3:03:58 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info