Probable Nerf of the Docks in the Act 4 Expansion?

A post on Reddit:
[Guide] Kinda. Docks layouts quickly explained for fellow sacrifice sets farmers

One of the comments:
"
BTW, the more people talk about this, the higher the chance of GGG nerfing docks. They already fucked the archives.

One of the questions answered in the last Developer Q&A:
"
Chris wrote:
How will the XP curve change with incoming act four? Will the expansion finally have non map areas till lvl 80?

Despite the expansion introducing a lot of new content, we're only creeping the level of the highest content up by a little bit.

The maximum level of non-map and map content will change. We have revamped our existing acts and made changes to their layout and levels where it makes sense. This makes room for Act 4, while not increased the content level by too much.
Italics mine.

This is probably just me setting up things for a conspiracy theory, but it is probable they will nerf the Docks?
Last edited by Samkiud on Mar 1, 2015, 1:13:10 AM
Please define "nerf to Docks".
area level? layout? monsters grant 1 exp each?

now seriously, Docks is just one out of several possible farming spots, and one I usually do not pick, because it is very likely to throw me back to log-in screen, from the loading screen.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
I've always loved docks for grinding. That packsize. I also feel like it coped the least offensive guest mob situation with 1.2 out of my fav spots.

"
johnKeys wrote:
because it is very likely to throw me back to log-in screen, from the loading screen.

Wierd.
We tested it extensively
"
The Revenant and voidbearers in general put a halt to my docks grinding on a lot of characters. I'd rather do level 66 maps than Docks, honestly.

More fun, better mob density, and more drops in general.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
"
Try to speculate with less negative terms.

"zOMG they'll nerf the dockz! I've leveled so many times there, now I wont anymoar!! GGG sucks! *criez*"

You mean "negative" in this way?

No doubt areas like the Docks are good until certain point.
Last edited by Samkiud on Mar 1, 2015, 2:40:17 AM
I know you're right, Charan. Speculation hasn't hurt anyone. I just don't think I'm being negative, or hinting that the Docks being nerfed would have a negative impact, considering we don't know what would that involve with the new content.
I have Always felt docks needed a nerf. It is, simply, too OP for leveling. It needs harder monsters.
Last edited by kussekurt on Mar 1, 2015, 4:01:32 AM
It's the word "nerf" that has a negative connotation.
A neutral approach would be something along the lines: "Do you think they'll change the layout/ monster density/ area level/ frequency at which CZ appear of the docks?" or "How do you think they'll change docks, if they do?".
Nerf is something like a red flag.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
The real question =

Will it nerf charans transactions to GGG.

Anything else is irrelevant.

I am gonna go with "no" on that one.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
there will be new places in act 4 that will probably take over

docks won't be nerfed, it'll be replaced entirely by a new zone

Let the games begin

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info