Fun Fact; Palace Dominus' "Touch Of God" deals 6448 physical & 6448 Light dmg

I never know you cant overcap over 100 but it makes sense.

Do you know if these dmg values are average dmg or something? I mean, I dont think they always hit for same amount?
I don't see how this can be true.

I've taken 0 (noticeable) damage from a Palace Dom ToG before on a 2 Hand build on several occasions, yet also taken a shit load under the same circumstances.

Name locked
Toe to toe
Double strike
No shift
Immortal call up
No block
No spell block
No Acro/phase
Absolute maximum of 85% lightning resist if flask up
Unwavering Stance = cannot evade

My conclusion was that his lightning portion is an added flat with a huge range which starts very low.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Mar 1, 2015, 8:22:39 PM
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
I don't see how this can be true.

I've taken 0 (noticeable) damage from a Palace Dom ToG before on a 2 Hand build on several occasions, yet also taken a shit load under the same circumstances.

Name locked
Toe to toe
Double strike
No shift
Immortal call up
No block
No spell block
No Acro/phase
Absolute maximum of 85% lightning resist if flask up
Unwavering Stance = cannot evade

My conclusion was that his lightning portion is an added flat with a huge range which starts very low.

I agree the damage range is probably something like 1 to easily over 9000.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
"
Pewzor wrote:
combat log and in-combat floating text is pretty much standard in the genre for the modern games.

so are the games being shit, since you seem to be such a fan of shit games why dont you go play one so we dont have to read your nonsense constantly.

"
JahIthBer89 wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
232,128 armour = 75% mitigation on the physical portion

#armourresistbalance

Ever consider that you aren't supposed to stand around and eat the hardest-hitting attack in the game? I could get on board with smoothing out the damage curve on the armor formula a little, but basing this entire "armorsuxlol" outcry on the few huge physical damage sources alone really isn't fair.

he just wants to complain for the sake of it, this is his new hobby since he gave up gaming.
"
Kullevi wrote:
I never know you cant overcap over 100 but it makes sense.

Do you know if these dmg values are average dmg or something? I mean, I dont think they always hit for same amount?

Dominu's is average damage. The lightning is a 50% conversion though, not its own value like the screaming children beam

62000 is Utziris max dmg
Last edited by H4xolotl on Mar 1, 2015, 9:31:31 PM
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
JahIthBer89 wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
232,128 armour = 75% mitigation on the physical portion

#armourresistbalance
Ever consider that you aren't supposed to stand around and eat the hardest-hitting attack in the game? I could get on board with smoothing out the damage curve on the armor formula a little, but basing this entire "armorsuxlol" outcry on the few huge physical damage sources alone really isn't fair.
he just wants to complain for the sake of it, this is his new hobby since he gave up gaming.
I wasn't complaining too much, just pointing out some maths. My point is more in pointing out how weak armour is (without the additional opinion "this is wrong"), and how absurdly strong uniques like Cloak of Flames are (without even touching true monsters like Taste and legacy Coil).

For the record, no, I don't think you should be able to tank it.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Mar 1, 2015, 9:50:19 PM
so technically immortal call + lvl 20 purity of lightning + topaz should guarantee not a one-shot with no map mods ?

assuming your HP is more than 710 ;)
i got hitted by 4548dmg ( got it on video ) with taste of hate up,75%lightning resist,80%coldresist,armor 7k

Lightning Damage Taken = 6448 * 0.25 = 1612

Cold Damage Taken = 6448 * 0.3 * 0.1 = 193

Physical Damge Taken = 6448 * 0.7 * ( 1 - 0.1144 Dmg Reduction from Armor ) = 3997

Total Damage Taken = 5802

i did one iteration with my info and it says it was 5165 Phyisical & 5165 Lightning ~

Math

Total Damage Taken

( X*0.25 ) + { Y*0.3*0.1 + Y * 0.7 * [ 1 - 7k/7k+(12*Y) ] } = 4548 dmg

As you say Physical DMG = Lightning DMG

X = Y

X*0.25 + X*0.3*0.1 + X * 0.7 * [ 1 - 7k/7k+(12*X) ] = 4548

X * ( 0.25 + 0.3*0.1 + 0.7 ) * ( 12X/7k+12X) = 4548

0.98X * 12X/7k+12X = 4548

11.76X^2 - 54576X - 31836000 = 0

X1= -524.14
X2= 5165.0

maybe i got hitted by a low dmg roll from him

Plz GGG Add a combat LOG, not stupid floating numbers like diablo 3 or WoW
Last edited by DuMansta on Mar 2, 2015, 2:53:56 AM
I like floating numbers in Diablo 3. They're kinda useless, except for the exciting part of seeing your Phoenix Set average burn damage go up with each piece of equipment you replace.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1394759 - Suggestion for beginner tutorial.
"
Exialis wrote:
I like floating numbers in Diablo 3. They're kinda useless, except for the exciting part of seeing your Phoenix Set average burn damage go up with each piece of equipment you replace.

GGG is not blizzard so they cant afford to have a working combat floating text.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info