lvl 50 bosses stronger than lvl 58?

I am lvl 55 and took out a lvl 58 boss in the mission to the island. Well, I figured that I should be around lvl 66, if possible for the next round.....I went back to cruel, act III, the docks and getting killed consistanly by a lvl 50 boss, I can't touch. Now I already upped my resistance to cold and lightning, fire is a little low. I can widdle him down a bit, but not without dying several times? Why so high a boss on such a lvl?
Was this boss in the docks that was wiping the floor with you The Revenant? If so, he deals tons of fire damage, so low fire resistance is definitely going to get you killed.

That said, level is not the best indicator of how hard a fight is going to be. Some monsters are a lot harder than others. The Revenant deals enormous damage for his level. In general, Act 3 of cruel is harder than Act 1 of merciless, just because the enemies there are nasty.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
Docks boss is "fire" boss. Cap your fire res. He uses incinerate( projectile fire spell). GL :)
No lightning damage on docks. Cold and plenty of fire though.
"
viperesque wrote:
Was this boss in the docks that was wiping the floor with you The Revenant? If so, he deals tons of fire damage, so low fire resistance is definitely going to get you killed.

That said, level is not the best indicator of how hard a fight is going to be. Some monsters are a lot harder than others. The Revenant deals enormous damage for his level. In general, Act 3 of cruel is harder than Act 1 of merciless, just because the enemies there are nasty.

Revenant doesn't do a lot of damage, he does some damage at a rapid rate. Huge difference.

Try using Arctic Armor and capping your fire resistance. AA will do the most good for you.
In act 3 of any difficulty, you will have to hit the resistance cap of ALL elemental types. Which is 75. Check your gears and skill tree. You will have to bring along a total of 75 resist on each of the three types in Normal, 95 in Cruel and 135 in Merciless. More is better in case monsters put Elemental Weakness on you.
Last edited by astralgazer on Mar 1, 2015, 1:13:42 PM
No, they were dealing cold damage. Took a long time and dying 30 times to get through just that area. Now back in cruel, trying to up my xp, yet again, another boss......laying the smack down on me and I can't get close enough for a shot with a bow, yet alone a melee weapon.
Last edited by Aze_Mi_Vithe on Mar 5, 2015, 6:35:52 PM
If you have trouble with bosses, one trick I'd suggest is to use Spell Totem > Frost wall > Faster Casting

I find this helps to give some seperation and prevent bosses (particularly faster moving ones) the ability of getting into your face as fast.

I have a duelist.....his specialty is in your face fast hard hitting. I can't stand losing the xp, I spent 2 hours earning, just to lose it to a boss that shouldn't even be able to stand toe to toe with me. I wanted to spend money on the game, but this is some serious broken code. Like this guy is a lvl 47 boss and killing me, lvl 55. Total BS.
"
Aze_Mi_Vithe wrote:
I can't stand losing the xp, I spent 2 hours earning, just to lose it to a boss that shouldn't even be able to stand toe to toe with me. I wanted to spend money on the game, but this is some serious broken code. Like this guy is a lvl 47 boss and killing me, lvl 55. Total BS.
YADIW.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info